Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 67
Send Topic Print
redbird's blog and stories (Read 255701 times)
DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Re: redbird's blog and stories
Reply #45 - 01/27/11 at 16:34:40

I love your Charlie Brown pillow story. You do have a wonderful way with words!  Smiley

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #46 - 01/28/11 at 03:19:06

NEED A GUN.....
well I need to get out my gun...yes I said my gun...my trusty Red Ryder BB gun.  We have a unwanted visitor at the farm...
This Hawk came swooping in from above and landed in the tree trying to pick up one of my birds..
When the hawk comes all the birds flee to the arbor and sit up a chatter to let the others know DANGER DANGER..
now I tried to reason with this hawk telling him that he could take the new resident that has made it's home in the barn but "NO DEAL" it says..so out comes the trusted gun.
Can or would you shoot it you ask???...well you don't understand..I certainly could not hit the hawk but you see the barn is made of tin..yes it is an old tin barn...and I can hit it and the loud ping it makes...will drive many things away..however not the opossum now living in the barn
redbird

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #47 - 01/28/11 at 04:36:03

Do you know what I just realized? I am 100% serious when I say that your blog reminds me of the American Literature that I used to study when doing my Master's Degree in English. There is so much depth to everything that you write; it is just like the literature that people study and turn to for insight and meaning in life. Now that is an exceptional talent to have!  Smiley

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #48 - 01/29/11 at 03:25:36

WOW Ms Deb..I appreciate that more than you know.  My writing are words that roll around in my brain until they come out in some form.My dad who was a "great thinker" even though he had not much education but was a great reader ...would tell me "good job sis"..he always called me that...I will tell you about him sometimes..again THANK YOU for the kind words

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #49 - 01/29/11 at 03:55:19

MORNING GROUP
since I have lots of basketball to watch today I hope you do not mind my using a little something I wrote around Christmas...hope you enjoy

THE CLOCK
For about 30 years on the wall between my dining room and the living room has hung "The clock".  It is an old school house version with a pendulum and chimes or dongs on the hour and half hour.
Recently during my "time out" with the hip and nestled among the pillows in my recliner it suddenly occurred to me that something was wrong.  I could not hear the tick tock of the clock nor the chimes.
Now I counted on that clock as in the middle of the night I could hear it ring out the time all the way  in the bedroom.  It had been there forever.
Now from my nest of pillows in my recliner would not let me look at it to see what could be wrong.
Now "The Clock" was my husband's project.  ..he kept it running...winding it on a certain day and nudged the hands around when because of age it got a little behind.  he had certain marks on the wall where it must be in for balance...But husband is gone he died in March and I must confess "The Clock" has been neglected.  SOMEONE would wind the time as well as the dong..on any day just when someone thought of it
Finally getting out of my chair I went to the clock..yes it had run down and as I opened the face of the clock that just seem to be hanging so I wound it for the time as well as the dong....I gave the pendulum a swing to get it going but it seem to be tired and the dong simple would only give out a thud...
As I looked at the clock I thought what is this telling me..that time is running out and I will soon no longer be able to have time...well so be it..it is not in my hands but someone higher than I...and I went back to my nest of pillows...
Now after several days of silences yesterday I went to the clock and looked at and opened the face....and suddenly it chimed...promise as I was standing in front of it..I swear to the truth..It chimed out 8 times and as I looked at it ...maybe I have been given more time..maybe something else I need to do...
and "The clock" has run and played the dong every since..
love to all
redbird

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #50 - 01/30/11 at 04:35:40

CAN'T BE TRUE????
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOO
reading an article this morning that says....CHOCOLATE SUPPLY MAY RUN OUT BY 2014!!!!
Can this be true..I am not sure of all the details but no chocolate..surely not..can you think about how the world will be with no chocolate candy bars..we will have to buy them on the "black market" and many chocolate lovers will...now this is a dangerous situation...it could cause a revolt..a candy war or who knows what will happen...
hummm..2014 is sorta a long way off but shhh... should we began laying in a supply of candy
redbird

IP Logged

ruth
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #51 - 01/30/11 at 11:16:18

Loving your reflections Redbird.

My kids had a great book called Bootleg by Alex Shearer, about just that. One of those books  that I enjoyed reading with them, loved it when we found books so well written that they are engaging for adults, and we could share a love of reading in  a new way, and they would, and still do, pass books on to me to read.

Ruth

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #52 - 01/31/11 at 04:44:35

WINTER COMING TO BIRDVILLE
well the weather forecaster says that a super bad winter storm is coming to the farm and that includes Birdville just outside my window....
Foote went out this morning and came right back in saying that the wind was messing up her hair...
The birds are busy don't remember seeing so many as they seem to be stocking their pantry before the storm hits..
Noticed a small group of redwing blackbirds and several redbird husband and wives..I have mentioned before about reading that redbirds mate for life..and I see several of those couples ...the female sits and the male bird brings her a seed..kinda like breakfast in bed...and also noticed several young lady redbirds looking for love or maybe a husband as they are wearing low cut tops and tight jeans and dangling earrings..will have to watch that ...
The barn situation is still the same...we would like to evict our current residence the opossum but he says no..even sent Foote down to have a talk with him and I am not sure what was said but he is still there..if he knocks on the back door and ask for an extra blanket for the winter storm..well not sure what I will do..
redbird

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #53 - 02/01/11 at 05:06:04

BIG CHANGE AT THE FARM....
well only in Oklahoma can events change Foote the cat who really thinks she is a dog...into believing that she is a cat..
in case you do not know only in our state can you have thunder, hail, lighting, sleet and snow and blizzard winds all in the time period of 4 hours...yup only in Oklahoma.  Well the storm that I told you about came and is here...and wind chills of -10 and all the stuff that goes with that..snow drifting up ..who knows how high ...now son was out in the snow this morning delivering bird seed to those little creatures who were out ...and he also waded out to the paper box for my morning paper......that was more than a nice gesture.
But to get back to the BIG NEWS..Foote with her usual demand wanted out this morning for her duty..but on opening the door and pushing the snow back..she decided that she would be a cat for the day..her fresh and unused litter box is sitting waiting for her use...and unless she wants to disappear in the snow drifts and since she is white..we might never find her..
hope your day goes well and you are safe and warm and fuzzy
redbird
ps ..working on a way to post a picture of Foote for you...thinking

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #54 - 02/01/11 at 08:44:13

Foote OK
just letting everyone know ...that Foote still thinks she is a dog...she was sitting in the floor with her legs crossed and son felt sorry for her and went an shoveled a place outside for her...her identity is still in tact...Foote is a dog LOL LOL

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #55 - 02/03/11 at 13:54:47

redbird,

I have decided that my aunt, who is about 10 years older than you, and a wonderfully witty writer, needs to read your blog! She would love your stories, and it might inspire her to record her own on a more regular basis. I am going to print them for her and I know that she will enjoy them immensely!

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #56 - 02/04/11 at 03:40:13

Thank you Ms. Deb...that makes me smile!!
redbird

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #57 - 02/04/11 at 03:42:11

OK who ever was rude and mean to Mother Nature....APOLOGIZE!!!!
enough already..things are totally out of control most every where..and I have snow on top of snow and snow and snow..I realize that some places are worst but Mother Nature needs to calm down..if anyone has her phone number please call her.
redbird

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #58 - 02/08/11 at 05:57:50

well whoever needed to tell Mother Nature they were sorry didn't...she is arriving in my area by Greyhound Bus later today with the twin brother of last weeks snow storm.  I can only hope that this was not triplets.  guess we are as ready as can be...cracked corn for the crows and sacks of bird seed for the birds..oh yes some human food as well.  ...guess son will have to shovel a new area for Foote to do her thing...as she is sleeping on my bed...in my spot ...letting  us know she is in charge..
redbird

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #59 - 02/08/11 at 06:04:18

I like this ...it's a line out of a new book that I am reading....

Worry is like chewing gum...eventually it runs out of taste and you have to spit it out....
redbird
« Last Edit: 02/08/11 at 08:45:44 by redbird »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 67
Send Topic Print