Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 67
Send Topic Print
redbird's blog and stories (Read 256959 times)
Sandi
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: redbird's blog and stories
Reply #75 - 02/28/11 at 17:52:27

Redbird! Loved your Brothers story!! My husband is a truck driver we've been self employed for 17 years. You just can't believe how well we identify! To top it off, I am absolutely terrified of snakes, and I live in Tucson in a rural area and yep I've got em! So my DH and son like to "freak me out" by saying pssssssst sounding like a snake while I'm outside and I jump. My daughter is dating a border patrol agent and it's his job to tell me as soon as he sees them out and about, which he already has, so the new season has begun. I will use this story to freak my husband out Smiley Which by the way I've found snakes curled up under his tires, once while I was washing the truck! Let's just say he'll be looking for an entryway tomorrow evening Smiley Wonderful story. Tell your brother I would have just went into total cardiac arrest!

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #76 - 03/01/11 at 08:26:33

Hey group...
I am doing a scientific study...Do birds spit out or spit up...
will let you know the results
redbird
the word writer

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #77 - 03/02/11 at 08:55:23

Birdville News

well got my cup of coffee and the "bird watching chair" was vacant so I sit myself down for reading my paper and watching..
now I notice a lot of activity...lots of redbirds coming and going in the feeder area....more than usual...the lady birds were all in a frenzy getting their feathers combed and just right..the guy birds were flitting around and showing off...you do realize that it is coming spring..mating season and building of nest..so I am thinking what is going on...
suddenly a stranger appeared and started handing out business cards...seems he was from e harmony the dating service.
what can I say...
redbird
the word writer

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #78 - 03/05/11 at 00:38:52

LOL!!!

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Sandi
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #79 - 03/05/11 at 04:56:10

Redbird, well I can comment on my birds, the predators definitely spit out! I thought our famous writer would enjoy a story of my own, I've sent this e mail to a person in the University entomology dept hoping he can help me.
Hello Mr. Bugman,
I'm hoping you can help me with my dilemma! I was waiting for nature to take it's natural course but am reconsidering my thought process:)  The beast is the fly,,,, I live up in rural Catalina and have a lot of predator birds.  An owl ate his prey in my rose garden one evening, ( OK it's my best guess I actually couldn't ID him in a lineup, I didn't see him)    So what evidence he/she left behind, believe me there wasn't much, I got rid of.  Weeks later ( could be months), the flies started coming up out of the earth around my rose bush.....  gross, but it is nature, so I let it be, thinking it would run it's course. Well it's progressively gotten much worse, there are gazillions of flies in the mulch under this rosebush...... Realizing I probably have the equivalent of  the playboy mansion for the adult flies ( rose garden with mulch and a drip system) I'm guessing they are continuing the cycle I thought would just die out? I'm guessing here. I'd love any ideas you have to alleviate the problem naturally, If Tucson has a fly plague soon it will be my fault Smiley
Thank You for your time and knowledge!
Sandi

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #80 - 03/05/11 at 05:09:19

THANK YOU SANDI!!!!
I loved your story..
redbird
the word writer

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #81 - 03/09/11 at 04:16:08

Birdville News...
just wanted to let you know there is good news and bad news from the farm...bad news first.  As we suspected the hugh amount of golden finches must have been flying north out of our summer heat...and they have moved on..they were here for over a week and one morning...they left.  No notes of goodbye or "thank you" for the meal..you know like one of those ..."eat and run" things. I am just hoping that their GPS(I think that is what you call it) was set for the return trip this fall when they come back...a few are still here and my purple finch brought a date by but think he is a bachelor as usually he is here alone..the remaining golden finches seem to like it here and have applied for housing  however I must tell you  they brought much joy and excitement while they were here...I have worn out everyone's ear that would listen to my story regarding this..so this experience was the good news..

moving on to other events at Birdville...I had offered the crows "free rent" for nest building this spring but they said they had found "cheaper?? rent somewhere else. now this was a bummer..The redbird population seems to be increasing..noticed 7 male birds feeding and several lovely ladies..maybe eharmony matched them up...who knows...
more later
redbird
the word writer

IP Logged

Sandi
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #82 - 03/10/11 at 18:49:35

Redbird, we've got a lot of online dating hookups with our birds here as well! I have a tree outside my kitchen window and the other day a pretty little dove was sitting in it and up flew another bird with a single weed stalk in his beak, he gently put it on top of her, she sat her neck up tall and cuddled up to him ( I'm guessing he and she here!) then he proceeded to walk over the top of her head and across her to sit on the other side, after that I decided to stop washing the dishes thinking they may need privacy Wink

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #83 - 03/11/11 at 04:05:25

OH Sandi that is neat
redbird

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #84 - 03/11/11 at 04:06:51

There was a famous musical several years ago...OKLAHOMA..and of course that is where I live...now in the show there was a song that said...Oklahoma where the winds come sweeping down the plain....
now sweeping is a key word here..we think of sweeping like a broom..however mother nature has the vacuum cleaner out and put it on blow...now you know how that works...so we have had wind and wind and wind for several days now..
redbird
the word writer

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #85 - 03/11/11 at 08:07:54

I thought I would share this scientific information with you as you might need it sometimes..
the only animals that ..."do not pass gas"...are the kangaroos and the cat...now if you cat should do this...you should rush them to the vet quickly as something is bad wrong..
LOL LOL LOL  sorry just had to do that
redbird
the word writer

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #86 - 03/11/11 at 08:35:46

well Oklahoma is under a super big "Burn Ban"....we are so dry and most parts have had no rain...high winds make it more dangerous and we have had those as well.
today just to the north of us a couple of miles they are evacuating people with a large grass fire coming their way..but the wind is blowing away from us..
last year we were in the same situation and this time the fire was hugh...they moved some out of the nursing home just up the road and we could see it coming..finally it was just across the road.  All kinds of fire trucks were fighting it but I decided that it was getting a little close..sparks were flying in the yard..so I told my family I was packing getting ready to leave..
first I packed clean underwear..then meds and last jewelry..nope do not have them in the wrong order..I  was of the generation that when you left home for something ...mom always said..be sure you have on clean underwear you might have an accident..and I am sure her mom told her that as well..
one day while working in the emergency room at the hospital..they brought in a  young man on a stretcher from a car accident and he said...my mom would be so proud of me..I put on clean underwear this morning...everyone in the ER cracked up laughing as we had all heard the same thing..
so if I have to pack as a fire gets close..I know where my priorities are...LOL LOL
redbird
the word writer

IP Logged

Sandi
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #87 - 03/11/11 at 10:08:31

Be Careful Redbird! Praying for your house and you to remain safe!

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #88 - 03/12/11 at 03:29:28

played my brain game this morning like always...it said....sit in your chair today and not move...brain in serious trouble..could not even cheat my way out.
redbird
the word writer

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #89 - 03/12/11 at 04:02:49

from reading this morning...
"It is always darkest under the candlestick"
hummm

IP Logged