Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 67
Send Topic Print
redbird's blog and stories (Read 253783 times)
DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Re: redbird's blog and stories
Reply #15 - 01/27/11 at 03:01:04

Joan...I love your tag line..one day at a time...wish I could get past that part where several days attack at once
redbird

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #16 - 01/27/11 at 03:01:52

(Archived post - deborah author)

Ahh redbird, just focus on the positive. You can do it! As for getting old, I don't know your age, but your wit and humor display one who will always be young at heart! We love ya!

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #17 - 01/27/11 at 03:03:03

(Archived post - author jysmith)
Ramona, You're so funny!

Redbird,

I'm where I'm trying to re-build my reserves so I can fight off those days when they attack!  Happy to report (and don't want to jinx anything by saying it) that I think I'm improving.  Same meds and feeling better.

So sorry about your loss.  I can't even imagine....

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #18 - 01/27/11 at 03:03:28

Hey Group...
the wind is blowing hard here today...how hard you say???  WELL IT IS A SKIRT ALERT DAY !!!
LOL LOL
redbird

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #19 - 01/27/11 at 03:04:01

I saw a sign today in front of Ace Hardware
Winterize!! insulate toilet covers
not understanding this one LOL

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #20 - 01/27/11 at 03:04:55

(Archived post - riverwn2 author)

hahaha.. yes you did...
love ya,
Ramona

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #21 - 01/27/11 at 03:05:21

good day to all
thought we might give a little more thought to getting old.
Have you ever had this conversation?  Someone ask how old you are and when you tell them they say "you sure to not look it".  Now daughter says that means that instead of 80 it means you look 20 and it is a compliment.  But I am not so sure...I have been thinking about it..I think it depends on the perfume you are wearing at the time...some wear mentholatum or vicks vapor rub or my favorite Biofreeze.  
My aunt and I discuss this age thing some.  She graduated college last year at 89 and I will soon be 77....so we can discuss this with lots of knowledge.
My aunt and I wrote a book together last year...now this brought many many different opinions and how people author a book together is something I just cannot figure out but I promise one thing I WILL NEVER DO IT AGAIN....now you see my aunt is a "REAL AUTHOR" she writes books and I just write words.  She thinks that I should use commas where people know the sentence is letting you get a breath and I say ...folks if you don't know when you should breathe ...there is a problem.  Periods for me stop the thought...while the old brain is rolling don't stop it..so as you can see it is interesting..the "real author" and the "word writer"...but finally out of all of that came a book about my great grandfather who was a doctor in Oklahoma...maybe sometime I will tell you about him.
Recently after an older conversation aunt sent this to me...and I thought you might like it.....
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death.  It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle...when the sun comes up you'd better be running. I am glad that I am still running.
until next time
redbird

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #22 - 01/27/11 at 03:06:09

(Archived post - riverwn2)
Redbird, you always make me smile ... I wish you would write a book of your wisdom. So the women in your Family go backwards in age?? LOL.. my kudos to your aunt!!  I went back to college at the age of 45 and it was marvelous... at first the college kids were sure I was a narc put in the smoking "butt hut" to squeal on them. After awhile, they forgot my age and would come up to me announcing how "loaded" they got lastnight and what a great party it was. When they realized, I was just "me", they would seek me out and ask advice.. it really touched me as I saw the vulnerable side of those kids, soon-to-be the adults running our world.. It gave me great hope and some tears between hugs. This world really is a wonderful place...

I know what you mean about commas! I went through English 101 again and they changed all the rules we so studiously learned as kids!!  LOL.. You dont need a comma when you use certain words---WHAT? I would have been in trouble BIG time when I was small if I did that... so I ignore it and do what seems normal to me--but.. there is a Shakespearean Proffessor on this board! I live in horror of her seeing my jumbled use of the English language LOL.. (love you Debbie)...

One question here... Can we run like a gazelle and roar like a lion??
Hugs and love to you,
Ramona

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #23 - 01/27/11 at 03:07:19

(Archived post - lisathuler)
As to the Lion and the gazelle, it sounds like a good theory, to always get up running!   They certainly DID NOT HAVE MASTO!!!!    I feel more like water, always sliding down hill and trying to find the lowest common denominator! !!!   You know what my theme song would be?   Slip Slidin' Away....!!!!!

And as to all that roaring.....it sure beats the BURBING and other various RUDE NOISES I end up doing with this masto!!!!   Gosh, I sound more like a Bull frog than a lion on days!  And I won't go into any further comparrisons either!  

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #24 - 01/27/11 at 03:08:18

(Archived post - steelergirl)

Lisa-
OMGOSH the musical sounds that my husband produces in such great quanity, enthusiasm, and varying tones, timbers, (and *ulp* odors) are from the MASTO??  giggling!  Not sure if I should share that info with him, as he is so often so proud.....  giggling.  He is so brave, though- not gonna give him grief about it.  

Truly, did not know that- we know that the gastrointestinal symptoms are common- but for some reason didn't connect (duh) the outward manifestations.... if the diagnosis rested on that alone, we would not be struggling...'nuff said!
hope all have a well day today- filled with love and contentment!
steelergirl

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #25 - 01/27/11 at 03:08:53

OH my Ramona...you mean not only do I have a "real author" my aunt but a English Professor reading this "word writer" ...LOL LOL  bet if this person does read this..they are having a heart attack at all the mishaps..but..........
if I make one person smille, chuckle or laugh...so be it...
should I change...nope afraid at 77 I will just keep on rollin
redbird

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #26 - 01/27/11 at 03:09:18

Ramona can run like a turtle..but I will beat that lion to death with my cane..
redbird

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #27 - 01/27/11 at 03:10:05

(Archived post - lisathuler)
Steelergirl,

YES!  Unfortunately ALL of that symphony of sounds does indeed accompany masto.  I went from being this very dignified and polished lady to becoming a roller derby queen almost overnight!   My husband has often asked when we got a pig for a pet and where it was that I was hiding it!   I kept saying "He's hiding under the bed so that you won't turn him into tomorrow night's dinner!"   This at least explained the odors or so I thought!!!

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #28 - 01/27/11 at 03:11:09

(Archived post - lisathuler author)
Hey Red, I sure like the idea of the "rollin" instead of the "slip slidin'!"    The problem is that the greater the decline, the harder to stop that rollin!    

God bless you for making it to 77!   I pray I make it there too!!!!   Whether or not my brain will still accompany me is the question, though!!!   Brainfogged blondes are pretty dangerous people you know!  Very combustable!  hehe he he!

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #29 - 01/27/11 at 03:27:34

Not having many shining moments right now so decided to share something that I wrote a little time ago. Please be sure to read  p.s.

well none of you might  be interested in the following but the last couple of weeks I have spent more time in bed from masto symptoms than in a very long time...and that lets the mind wander.and sometimes it demands that I put thoughts on paper....so...I just wanted to write a little something...the periods and commas are not important to me..just the words..

THE HANKY
I am 76 years old and I have been blest to have had 2 hanky carriers in my life time...think the  correct name is handkerchief..but then who wants to be correct..
my little granny was a tiny lady but she always had a hanky in her hand..it was a standard thing  or maybe a requirement..but she always had one..now on week days it was a plain one but on Sunday out came the best..now my granny would take me fishing when I visited...down to the big creek..now I don't remember if we caught fish..just remember my granny holding up the fence for me to crawl thru...and sometimes I got to ride the train down to my grannys and stay a week..
Not only did my granny carry her hanky but if we were going somewhere she had a larger one that she wore on her head..granny had a beautiful head of gray hair that she pulled back in a bun and held it in place by some of those BIG hair pins..but she wanted that extra assurance that the head scarf hanky would keep it there...
do you remember when everyone who was stumped..  what to get  a gift for a lady..of course a box of hankies..remember them coming all folded and neat in a box...
well then my mom was also a hanky carrier...maybe you inherit it..but mom also had the hanky carrying thing going and the head scarf hanky as well...seems it was a rule that you don't leave home without one..and also one for the hair..sometimes red and sometimes black..or whatever one that was ready when you were to go out the door....
and so now I am thinking..am I going to be a hanky carrier as well...hummm well you know I think that I have moved on to Kleenex.  However sometimes I do stick one of husband's hanky in my purse just in case I need it...but you know I have noticed that I check my pocket and my purse and have even came back into the house to be sure I have that Kleenex before going to the store..and lately I notice that I carry it in my hand..especially if I am in a store...hummm could this be a comfort thing?? kinda like the wash cloth...when you are ill the first thing     some folks say is "can I get you a wet wash cloth?"...so who know maybe the hanky and the wet wash rag are the cure for life's aliments or problems..are all these famous doctors missing out..maybe they should just prescribe hankies...
oh well just a thought
redbird
p.s. I have decided that the hanky carrying is a sign of comfort as I have noticed that I carry my husband's after his death lots and lots.

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 67
Send Topic Print