Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 67
Send Topic Print
redbird's blog and stories (Read 255104 times)
DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Re: redbird's blog and stories
Reply #30 - 01/27/11 at 03:28:33

(Archived from Tess)
Your story brings back memories.  I remember my dad always had handerchiefs.  Some were plain, some had stripes, others his initials and even some looked like damask-type material.  My mom and I had some too for church.  It wasn't always comfortable blowing your nose on the embroidered part of the hanky.  You'd always find one crumpled up in the bottom of a purse you rarely used.  Kleenex is definitely more comfortable...

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #31 - 01/27/11 at 03:28:56

a ps to the ps...
my daughter would like you to know that the hanky carry is inherited...she carries Kleenex as well
redbird

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #32 - 01/27/11 at 03:29:36

(Archived from Ruth)

Redbird I am new to this forum and just getting around to reading through all the posts here. I have just found this thread and I love hearing your take on life, your cat and bird anecdotes, and your wonderful reflections. Sorry you haven't been so well lately, but I hope the writing brings you even half as much pleasure as it does to those of us who read it. What a gift. Thank you.

Ruth

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #33 - 01/27/11 at 03:30:11

thanks Ruth I hope they make you smile
redbird

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #34 - 01/27/11 at 03:30:35

Sacred Ritual Violated
well I am here this morning to tell you that my morning scared ritual has been violated by Foote the cat.  Now at my house I have some special things that I do each day...and I have special places to do those things.
One is my "watching the birds chair" and one is my "reading chair"...and this is well known to those who reside in the house...like Foote the cat and my son Sam.
Another thing you need to know is that Sam is Foote's best buddy, friend and anything else you can think of as well as her conspirator.
Now I had noticed lately that when I wanted to read...Foote was in my chair..and if I wanted to sit in the sun and bird watch...Foote was in my chair..seems that Foote knows my time table well...
Now after retiring 7 times I finally did retire in 2004...why is this important...well my sacred ritual has been going on since that time.
Now here is the scene....
Each morning my sacred ritual is...I get up and make my coffee, get my Little Debbie's Oatmeal cookie...and for those who don't know...it is 2 oatmeal cookies with gooey stuff in the middle sometimes  fresh strawberries with it or a banana or sometimes just my cookie.......then I get my paper and sit down to read the morning paper front to back...in my reading chair..
suddenly I began to notice little bits of paper in the floor and suddenly large bits of paper in the floor..MY PAPER...not only was Foote laying in my
reading chair but she was reading my paper her way..
now Sam her conspirator said..well I think she is using it to clean her teeth after eating her dry cat food...now I am not buying this statement or reason..
I have not decided how to solve this problem yet but thinking...........
redbird
"the word writer

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #35 - 01/27/11 at 03:30:54

I was in the store earlier today...laying in a big supply of cat food as we are suppose to have ice, snow, sleet and everything else that goes with that...so I am in the cat food aisle and this man was shopping as well and of course we started talking and bragging about our cats..what they could do etc..and I sure did not tell him that Foote read the paper..he would not have believed me...
but he told me that recently someone dropped off cats out in the country when he lives..and a few nights ago he came home after dark and could just catch a little look at some cats close to his house..there were 16 and they all were wild cats..could not get close etc..and he fed them...
he called the humane society who told him if they could catch them and brought them in they would have to put them to sleep as they were wild...
so...man is still  feeding the cats...he now has 19...and I think I have a problem LOL LOl...he is a good man..and I hope a rich man
redbird
the word writer

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #36 - 01/27/11 at 03:31:20

Something I read today!!
With dreams, you're the only witness and you're free to do whatever your subconscious tells you.You willingly do it in the privacy of your own mind.
hummm

redbird

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #37 - 01/27/11 at 03:31:57

(Archived from amiann)

I LOVE CAT PEOPLE!!!  I swear they must be human in some sort of way!  They bring pure joy and happiness.  Even if they wake you up super early to go outside by MEOWWWWWING.. God Bless that man for feeding the strays!  I can see why people with illnesses should own pets, they give you those oh-so-healing goosebumps with their persistent affection.  Unconditional love!

Happy day all!

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #38 - 01/27/11 at 03:32:18

This story is for all of those who are caregivers...and especially for Steelergirl who has much love and strength for her masto person.

A Love Story...
at my doctor's office yesterday...all the folks there are very good to me but the receptionist told me a little story that I wanted to share with you as you know how I love cardinals (redbirds)
she told me about a loud thump on her front picture window and when she went to look there was a lady redbird lying there. she had flown into the window... now as she lay there... the daughter was saying...oh she is dead and Claudia(the office lady) said ...wait and let's watch a minute..and the bird continue to lay..after a few minutes she went outside and nudged it and it raised it's head and made a chirp..so she went back inside the house to watch and suddenly the male redbird came and flew down beside her...now you know that redbirds mate for life...he talked to her and nudged her and finally took his wing and fluttered it around her stroking her and talking...she raised her head..he flew up to a branch and continued to talk to her chirping and encouraging her and suddenly she raised herself up and against all odds ...knowing that someone loved her ...made her flight to the branch..they sat there for awhile until she was able to continue her flight to somewhere and together they flew away..what a love story and even though they were birds the encouragement and love that was shown conqueror the day...
it told me that no matter the odds we masto folks face each day with a little encouragement we can get up and face what life brings
love to all
redbird
the word writer

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #39 - 01/27/11 at 03:32:54

thank goodness this man with the cats lives in the country..however some people have "herds of cattle" and some have horses so guess he can have a "herd of cats" LOL LOL
redbird

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #40 - 01/27/11 at 03:33:50

(Archived from steelergirl)
Thank you, Redbird- for sharing, and caring. Your story made me cry-not from sadness-rather because so few stop to realize that regardless of how complicated and hopeless situations may appear, the answer is really simple: love and allow yourself to be loved. And you are reminding us of that...Especially in those most complex situations, true love-be it from a mate, a physical have a cup of coffee friend, or a cyber group of friends, sometimes is that missing magical element that mixes in and the playing field is altered, the outcome is sure, and the road is less treacherous.  

There is an energy about pure love that blends with our physical energies-or so my puny little brain believes, and creates a synergy that can-when nurtured and supported-really work miracles.  I believe we all have it in us, to make these things happen, but we have maybe lost touch with the simple power of love and joy.  

of course!  I also believe in unicorns and fairies and that someday, somehow, my family and I WILL skip gaily across a rainbow.....  so, hmmmm- laughing- i guess you gotta consider the source!! Smiley

I love your stories and your heart, your beliefs and your willingness to reach out and share your all with us.   Thank you for those gifts!!  

and to all the other caregivers out there....  chin up! keep believing and loving, keep fighting and stay fierce enough to do battle.  Hang on to that gentleness of spirit and purity of heart that allows you to love enough to stay the course with your loved one.  Our road is hard-in part because of the battles to wage, for me? primarily due to the inability to make it better for him- to take it away. Bask in admiration for the courage and strength that it takes our loved ones with masto to keep going on, to keep at it, to learn to sidestep some pitfalls- and crawl painfully out of others.  And if yours is like mine? and has an indomitable spirit, a rowdy, irreverent sense of humor, and a truly loving and strong heart, consider yourself blessed to be that person's partner in this journey.

YIKES- philosophy and poor grammar and misspellings!!   but from the heart!
thanks for giving me a place to share what is in my heart, a place to be safe, a place to learn and a place to read of beauty in the world and in others!!
steelergirl

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #41 - 01/27/11 at 03:34:18

The shootout at O K Corral...

for those of you who do not know about this event...it was in Oct. 1881 in Tombstone AZ...it was a dark dreary day and the sheriff was Virgil Earp..now Virgil the sheriff had put some bad guys in jail and their friend were coming for them. So Virgil's brothers Wyatt and Morgan came to help...Old Doc Holliday was there as well..and there was a shooting....
Now at the farm this morning we had our own "Stare Down at the Farm"  ...but let me set the scene...
It was a pleasant morning at the farm..the sun was out and we were hoping that it was going to chase the cold away...several birds were visiting and busy at the feeders..a redhead woodpecker was there as well as some meadowlarks that we don't see much anymore..redbirds of both he and she variety..lots and lots of sparrows...but they have to eat too...
the crows had arrived in full force with loud caws..bringing in the whole group of five..and
suddenly everything went quiet...the little birds flew away but the crows continued on with their little meal..and out of the barn came a stray cat...
well what happened next was a sight to watch and I did...
the cat came creeping up right to the crows..both staring down on the other...the crows were giving their loud war cry of "don't even think about messing with us"....and the stray cat was hungry and not about to leave..
now the cat would creep forward an inch at a time..the crows would jump up and down and make a run at the cat....the cat stood his ground because food was involved..I watched this for a little time wondering if the guns were going to come out..but finally better heads prevailed and they both began to eat with a watchful eye on each other...
just another day at the farm..
redbird
the word writer

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #42 - 01/27/11 at 03:34:42

OH steeler girl...there is no charge here for misspelled words etc..we just need to say and hear the words
redbird
the word writer

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #43 - 01/27/11 at 03:35:00

going on an adventure this morning...down to the mail box at the end of the drive way..and on the way dumping off the dozensssssss of copies of newspapers...don't sound like a big thing to you...well if you have masto with something going on and it is cold ...could be

birds are in full whatever this morning...blue jays are screaming..cat from the barn ..came and went with a little help...and I am finally getting dressed for the day..thinking it is looking like a good day for finishing the current book I am reading and listening to see if any stories are rolling around in the old brain..

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #44 - 01/27/11 at 04:52:52

WOW Deb had to almost  pick me up and land me here but hopefully I am here...I have missed you.  just a little story for you this day

Charlie Brown
I am sure that most of you know the stories of Charlie Brown and all his friends..Lucy and linus and linus's security blanket...
well I have a Charlie Brown pillow..yup sure do..one time I spent the night with my daughter and she had some new pillows..oh my they were soft and upon telling her how much I enjoyed them..she put one in my car for taking home.
So now I have this pillow...and I decided to name it "my Charlie Brown Pillow"..let me explain..
My Charlie Brown pillow is a great comfort to me..when you lay your head on it seems like things go away...when I am ill..out comes the pillow and when I can no longer lay in the bed and must move to the recliner it goes with me..I can hug it and lay my head on it's shoulder and feel great comfort..I can use it to prop up my body in the recliner and when I had the last hip problem the only thing that I could stand touching my hip, leg and foot...yup you guessed it...my Charlie Brown pillow
now one would wonder if this was magic or again a remedy for what is happening to you and your body..now I am not sure but I know one thing..I am glad that daughter gave me my pillow
redbird

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 67
Send Topic Print