Send Topic Print
Lemon (Read 1587 times)
Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Lemon
01/25/12 at 17:27:18

New trigger. .. the smell of real lemon! My husband loves this so this will be a problem.

throat itched like crazy, and tongue got puffy/dry mouth. Had to clear the house, but thankfully it stopped
Cheesy
Seems like almost every smell now unfortunately. Undecided

IP Logged

iamnotalone
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Lemon
Reply #1 - 01/26/12 at 04:46:43

Oh Ana;
Im sorry Sad ! That's awful. Lemon Is such a nice,comforting scent !
I use it as my "substitute" vinegar. I hope & pray for you (& others) that this "scent-sitivity" improves in time. Right now Im lucky to not have this too bad, so I can only guess what a bummer it must be! Cry When My allergies are really bad, n my nose runs a lot-SHhh,don't tell anyone- I stuff a kleenex up my nostrils (not in public tho) !!! Cheesy
Hope I made you laugh Grin Hang in there,
lori

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #2 - 01/26/12 at 10:09:22

lol thanks for sharing

Yes it often makes me cry because I feel so limited and frustrated by it but am hoping to sort it out in time!

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #3 - 01/26/12 at 11:39:52

Ana, in a conversation I had recently with Dr. Afrin, when I spoke with him about my recent attacks due to perfume he told me that Xolair may be a possible treatment for me.

I also just saw that there is a study going on in Switzerland on the use of Xolair with masto.  

No, I'm not suggesting to you to go to Switzerland and I for one would LOVE to go to Spain and see Dr. Escribano, but....

Why don't you run this past Dr. Castells and see what she may have to say about it?!!   It's a suggestion, but they are trying this on masto patients, which is why I mentioned the study.   Some are responding to it.  It may be worth considering.     Perhaps it might help you become less sensitive to things.

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #4 - 01/26/12 at 17:38:42

Thanks Lisa, I'm taking my babysteps in getting off steroids, then might try Allegra or tapering or increasing some of my existing meds and if no luck I will look into it

But YES I will ask advice along the way!

At 12.5 mg of HC now!  Hope I'll be off in a couple of months Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print