Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Spouse's Breath (Read 1737 times)
Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Spouse's Breath
01/27/12 at 09:57:25

My hub ate shrimp before bed and I found myself afraid of him breathing on me. Anyone else feel this way?

My scent sensitivity is so bad I can smell what people ate hours after they ate it and since my spouse eats everything, chocolate you name it I've started to avoid his breath

I don't know if those are triggers for me but i'm on such a limited diet that I can't be sure

Anyhoo once off steroids, I hope to gain more stability of my scent issues by trying maybe allegra or higher doses of zantac/zyrtec, but I can't change too much until I taper off

I REALLY hope it just goes away with time. This happened to my sister but it took a year and a half, she was able to get off all meds except benadryl PRN Cool

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Re: Spouse's Breath
Reply #1 - 01/27/12 at 15:09:49

Oh I won't allow any shellfish, onions, or garlic in my house at all! (Big triggers for me!) I know what you mean for sure! My husband gets it, too. If we are out at a restaurant and he eats shrimp or any other shellfish, he knows to go wash his hands immediately and not to touch me or my food until he has scrubbed! I have thought to myself about what if he breathes on me just while speaking? Thus he has to keep his distance even just as we continue to eat dinner. I notice that I cannot stand the smell of any shellfish now (and I used to love it before I got ill). I think this is my body's self-defense mechanism coming into play by making me despise the aroma. Needless to say, hubbie doesn't eat shrimp much! LOL

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Re: Spouse's Breath
Reply #2 - 01/27/12 at 15:22:35

thanks for sharing! So glad you can relate

because I don't know my triggers I find that I avoid everyone's breath/aura in case! Lol

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print