Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 ... 67
Send Topic Print
redbird's blog and stories (Read 253952 times)
redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: redbird's blog and stories
Reply #930 - 01/22/15 at 04:32:52

BREAKING NEWS..............
it was suppose to snow here at the farm...if it did it was while I was asleep...and on getting up it was gone...
it really is kinda quiet here...people trying to dodge the flu..so I am staying pretty close to home base...

I know that you have read about my purse problem...well it finally happened..straps broke on my old one so that meant rummaging around in the closet for another one and finally settled on one that is just OK...BUT it is PURPLE...have noticed people looking at me a little strange but that is OK too..I just have not gotten that lived in feeling with it yet but maybe it will happen...

don't think I told you about my falling in love while at my daughters last visit..yes at 80 I did and even went as far as having an affair..it was fun...I looked forward to the visit each afternoon while I was there....you see my daughter and her friend introduced me to the Penera Store products..I fell madly in love with them..soups, salads and cookies etc with none of that bad things in them..but no stores close to me...
However, you remember my friend Mary...who "lives across the pasture"...and you remember that Mary loves to shop and nothing stops her from her one day a week shopping..snow, rain or sleet..not sure about hail as she has a new car..that might slow her down....well yesterday she was out shopping all day..I knew she was gone as I can plainly see her house and her garage door down all day(that is another story I will tell you sometimes)...later in the afternoon she called me and said that she was bringing me a goodie if I was feeling ok...sure  and she did...in her shopping rounds she had found my favorite Penera broccoli and cheese soup at one of the stores(Sams) and decided to try it for  her and hubby and got me a container as well...OH JOY...oh it was so good...Mary is a good friend...

my new glasses are here and on my face...yes I did manage to narrow down to one pair..well they are just not quite right yet...gentle doctor's office nurse said I need to wait a little longer for adjustment to finish up..so I am now in a holding pattern ....

our outside wild cats are turning to inside spoiled cats..the twins have decided that being wild is not much fun it is certainly more fun to be inside getting your back scratched and sleeping in a favorite chair or hiding in some spot...but I must say that when the "going time" comes they are good about going outside...now Ranger is the ...hummm trying to figure out what...he got into some kind of fight a few days ago and if he was the winner I would not want to see the loser

you know being old...like 80 gives you certain privileges...you can wear your underwear wrong side out if you want...I do sometimes..
well that is it from the farm this day...see you soon

redbird
the word writer

"getting old is not for wimps" Cheesy

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #931 - 01/26/15 at 06:46:20

Ranger the warrior cat finally came home today...he had been gone for over 2 days and on checking his clothes closet and finding that he had not even packed an overnight bag...we had begun to worry..we were getting ready to file a missing cat report when he showed up...no explanation just... feed me and I need a nap in the chair..
Now Tubby had gone out last night on a search and looked all night..it worries me when Tub or Chub are out of sight as they are just pretty and  fat and shining cats I think someone is trying to take over ownership..
so....everyone is home today and the sun is shining and we are safe and well fed as lunch for us humans is over...

now the other news I want to warn you about is....you know I really have become addicted to the site on the web that offers jigsaw puzzles..remember I told you...so each day I work at least one and most times several a day..I really enjoy it...HOWEVER....recently I noticed that something was just not right..you could look for 30 minutes for this certain piece and it was no where THEN....suddenly it appeared..
so I am thinking...something is wrong here...so I set a trap...thinking that these people thought they were pretty sneaky...I moved all the pieces to one area leaving the other area completely empty...and I watched and sure enough suddenly a puzzle piece appeared...now I am not sure how to reach the jigsaw puzzle police but I want all of you to be prepared it you go there to work a puzzle....BE...A.W.ARE!!

well the only large grocery store we have here in town was involved in a collision..yup someone just ran right into it and down fell the wall...don't know if it was one of those snatch and grabs we read about in the paper but there are several valuables things there...some high price etc..like coffee and potatoes and stuff like that...Mary my "neighbor across the pasture" went down to check it out but did not learn any info so guess we will wait for the little weekly paper we have

redbird
the word writer Cheesy

"getting old is not for wimps"

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #932 - 01/26/15 at 15:41:36

on Tubby's arrival home he immediately posted on his facebook page that he was taking a nap and please don't bother him...
so OK we didn't

redbird

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #933 - 01/30/15 at 06:11:31

stuff you NEED to know....

address that envelope wrong but you have already stamped the envelope
NO PROBLEM....just drop a couple of drops of water on the stamp and pop it into the micro wave...for about 20 seconds and pull that dude right off the envelope and try again..

I saw it...

redbird

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #934 - 02/01/15 at 07:14:24

I think my new fridge has a cold....it is gargling Grin

redbird

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #935 - 02/09/15 at 07:02:44

I have to tell you that things at the farm are....sad and mad and trauma and all other kind of things you might think of...
YOU SEE.....
one of our twin cats is missing...it is Chubby..he is the oh so pretty one...big and healthy and shiny and fat and loving for a wild cat...
he wanted out that afternoon and the last he was seen was sitting on the wood fence..then he disappeared...
he has been gone several days...and we all are so very upset...his brother Tubby is in mourning...yes animals do mourn...he goes out into the yard and looks in all the usual place for Chub....he looks under the boat where Chub likes to hide...and in the old tin barn where Chub sometimes curls up for a nap....Tubby  will eat a little but not much...he sleeps in my wheel chair...he wants to go outside and almost after sniffing around he wants back in..

son has driven all over the neighborhood looking to see if he could find him ....

HOWEVER...I am thinking that maybe someone took him in because he was so big and pretty...he now has been gone so many days that son does not think he is coming back...

now son thinks there may have been a "hot female" roaming the neighbor and he was chasing her...but this cat is not use to feeding himself...he get his food on a plate..and gets his back rubbed and his tummy...surely he would get hungry...

it is dark days at the farm...

redbird
the word writer Cry

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #936 - 03/02/15 at 04:21:03

DARK DAYS AT THE FARM.....
yes things here at a very low level..seems that anything or everything is dark dark dark...misery everywhere..

this morning as I fumbled my way out of bed and to the kitchen it made me wonder when in life I have become such a "must have" coffee person...you see I was raised on a farm with lots of fresh stuff..fresh milk..fresh veggies..but when I married husband  his family were coffee drinkers and meat and gravy eaters..it really didn't matter anyway as I was a young lass and could not cook..but as time passed I sorta drifted to the other side..I still like my fresh vegs but that coffee came right over and sucked me in...

my cat has not come home
and
my birthday is coming up next month and I will have reached the age of 81...it has been tough this year...the body is in protest of doing anything exciting or out of norm...I have never been one of those "good Morning how are you today" kind of persons..but lately I sorta need to find something steady to hold to...to make the rounds..my walker stands right in the middle of the floor saying...choose me..
and
if that was not enough in regard to old...my computer this morning gave me a warning...you see I have had it for 11 years and I am not sure how old that is in the computer world..but I think old...it just decided to sit on a page that said "welcome" and would not move...I could not even turn it off...I think it was afraid if it turned off it would just die...after much pounding of keys and finally having to unplug everything...it moved on...so who knows this may be the last writing for awhile..
and
remember how I finally got the courage to have that eye surgery done...remember it took out those nasty cataracts and you were suppose to see like in good...well the left eye still has a problem so they check and x-ray and said...you have...Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion" translated it means swelling behind the retina"...and we will need to treat it with ...avastin injections ...translated means "sticking a needle of med into you eye"...dark days at the farm....dark dark..
and
son took me to town to do my list of things that I thought we needed...left the list on the bar..dumb dumb.as I am not allowed to drive being "one eyed"
and
we have had snow...several inches  but nothing like some of you are having and still have...this much snow for us is a little unusual ...as we are sorta south...
and
fridge is still making its sounds...daughter came and son told her it was haunted..
so
as you can see my spirits are pretty low at this point..
however
one of the bright things is watching the birds come to the feeders that son has kept full in spite of the snow...lots and lots of redbirds along with others...and the yellow finches are beginning to migrate thru

redbird
the word writer Cheesy

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #937 - 03/11/15 at 06:33:29

here I am....

I have decided that mother nature really "got her panties in a twist"....if she wanted to prove who was in control...."WE GIVE UP"...I try not to complain too much as here on the farm it is not as bad as some places..we have had a couple of days of sun and then right back to the freezer..now the weather man is saying that spring is almost here but until the little brave  plant in my back yard shows up....I know that it is not true...this brave plant with bright yellow flowers most of the times stands alone..
HOWEVER....
son had to mow the yard on one of those sunny days..
and
daughter started her spring cleaning early...oh and she has a new dog...Gracie...I have not met her yet but sure that she will be just the right dog for us
and
I am so discouraged...my sight is no better if not a little worse..my gentle doctor and I are going to have one of those strong conversation my next visit..
and
I started a scientific study last night...in my bed with my quilt and my favorite redbird blanket and I could not get warm...my feet were like ice not matter where I placed them...finally I said to myself...this is stupid..so I threw back my cover and got a pair of my heavy socks and put them on.....
and almost immediately I started getting warm....
now says I ...to my self...I have always read that you should wear a head cap of some kind because heat escapes from your head....hummmm wonder if that study is not correct...maybe the heat escapes from the feet and that is what needs to stay covered..going to see if there is a grant available for me to continue with the study..
and
my cat has not come home..
and
warrior cat Ranger is still fighting with who ever or whatever...but Tubby has decided to become a  house cat..he can be found in unusual places like the bath tub ...in the wheel chair or just wherever he decides to take his day nap..
and
Mary my friend "who lives across the pasture" is having surgery tomorrow..she recently send me some literature from the game warden as to how to live with the coyotes..now it says that we should be grateful as they keep dead animals cleaned up...however it is the live ones that I worry about..
and
Birdville is sorta stirring..have noticed an unusual amount of redbirds at the feeder and the yellow finches are passing thru to somewhere...their little yellow bellies are getting brighter..have my "house for rent signs" out but so far not any business...

so guess that is about it from the farm...if I told you that I am feeling crumby it would be an understatement..so moving to my watching chair...

redbird
the word writer Cheesy

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #938 - 03/19/15 at 07:03:32

my 81 birthday is approaching...fast and it has caused me to really sit and wonder about things...

getting old is scary...and if you have always been an independent person it just makes you want to cuss when you can no longer do and have to depend on others..

one of the biggest things for me...well along with some others is losing my driving ...I can no longer jump in the car and go to the store..and you hate to ask someone to take you when you just need a dozen eggs...BUT then you have to be reasonable noting that your eyes are certainly not back to some kind of normal..and the scary part is..will they ever get back to some kind of normal
all my growing up I remember the limited eye sight that my mom had...and now I know a little about how it was for her..and it sucks..

in conversation with daughter recently I told her that I needed to look up a word to see if I was there yet...now we old people sometimes use words that you younger folks don't know or might think they are silly....but I needed to look up the word...."feeble".....I needed to see if I was there yet...
Ok have the word book out looking....well here is "feeble minded"  it says mental subnormal.....hummm don't think I am there yet and if I was  sorta think I would just say..."forgetful"...that sounds better...ok still looking...oh here it is....get ready.....
feeble..lacking strength..effectiveness (that's a big word) ..force (well for what)...weak...
now it does not say stumble don't want to dust or run the vacuum..or rather read a book...
just maybe I am not there exactly to "feeble".....

well the next word in this word book is "feed"...I like that one better so I will just keep hanging out...watching the birds and looking for spring to arrive in my yard

redbird
the word writer Cheesy

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #939 - 03/24/15 at 11:59:13

just wanted to share this little sign at my local pharmacy..

Don't be afraid of
a few extra
 pounds.

Fat people
 are harder to
   Kidnap...   Grin  Grin

redbird

IP Logged

PamH
Mentor

Indianapolis, IN USA
Reply #940 - 03/26/15 at 03:31:25

Happy Birthday!!

Pam

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #941 - 04/06/15 at 02:07:01

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

today is my birthday and I am 81  ...tomorrow I start my journey to 82.....I sure hope the road is smoother

redbird
the word writer     Smiley

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #942 - 04/06/15 at 02:52:12

well we have not talked in awhile so lets get right to it....

I decided this year that when time change came around I was just not going to do it...and I am old and I can do that if I want...so clocks in my bedroom..bathroom..coffee pot, the bird clock that makes bird sounds and my BODY CLOCK...did not get changed and will not..now son set the stove clock and the old wall clock that runs down without that winding..but unless it is something like a dr. appt..I am on my own time...and I like it fine...
and
have you noticed ladies that when you are on a diet and lose weight that the first place you notice weight loss is the boobs..now I am pretty sure that if the authorities need to get a confession for a wrong doing they should just make that person wear a "ill fitting bra"  I am telling you that would work..
and
I think that spring is finally here at the farm...the little yellow bush has bloomed and son has mowed several times..trees leafing out and the birds are stirring..an interesting sight at one of the bird feeders was the red headed woodpecker at the hanging bird feeder just eating away..either it is a bad year for "bugs in tree trunks" or he is just being lazy...we have had our Easter spell...here we always have one..cannot turn off the heater nor wear white until after that..
and
guess you have read that it is that time of the year when "mother nature" blows rather heavy handed around us..seems that for the last couple of years she has really not been happy...maybe she needs a new boyfriend or something...or maybe she needs to get rid of the one she has...but would someone check it out and make a suggestion..
and
TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY...the one my mom assigned to me...and tomorrow the day the government assigned to me..I am 81...and as I have told you it has been a  really rough year...anything that could break both body and house wise did..so hoping the road to 82 is a smoother ride..son is fixing lunch for me tomorrow...he says something different..wondering....
and
one of sons gaming buddies sent me a biscuit recipes that has never failed..hummmm..... am I going to try it...not sure you know how that usually goes..

hoping that all is good with all of you...

redbird
the word writer    Cheesy

IP Logged

MGC
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #943 - 04/06/15 at 10:48:57

Hey Redbird!  I found out why my b1scuits used to be as hard as hockey pucks...gonna share with you and find out if it is helpful to you.  It is the flour.  In the South where breakfast biscuits are common, a flour made from Soft Wheat is used.  Most flours sold north of the Mason-Dixon Line are made from hard winter wheat. The number one preferred brand in southern states is White Lily Self-rising.  The second is Martha White Self-rising. The soft flours are also lower in Gluten and so less likely to cause gastric distress.

Here is an excellent 2 ingredient recipe....

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups White Lily Self-Rising flour
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup melted butter (for tops of biscuits)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 500F degrees (yes, that is the correct temperature).
Measure out flour into a large bowl. Gradually stir in cream, adding enough to moisten flour to a sticky dough.

Mix gently then turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface (use the self-rising flour). If it is too sticky to handle, add just a sprinkling of self-rising flour to the top. Fold the dough two times to form a ball. Pat or roll dough gently to a 1/2 inch thickness.

If you use a biscuit cutter, don't twist!  It can seal the edges and keep the biscuits from rising!  Place biscuits close to each other (with sides touching) for soft biscuit sides.  Separate biscuits if you want a biscuit with slightly crisper sides.  Brush tops with melted butter.

Bake 8-10 minutes in middle of oven rack.

Good Luck!!

IP Logged

MGC
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #944 - 04/06/15 at 10:49:24

And Happy Birthday!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 ... 67
Send Topic Print