Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 67
Send Topic Print
redbird's blog and stories (Read 256606 times)
redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: redbird's blog and stories
Reply #915 - 07/18/14 at 02:41:21

do you ever wonder when you are at the beauty shop for some service like a hair cut...if your ears are clean Grin

redbird

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #916 - 07/21/14 at 03:46:03

today I had to apologize to my coffee maker..I am sure that you are just like me..thru the years you have had different ones and then they simply wear out and a new one comes to sit in its place...most are like  mine have been on the lower cost range..I always try to get one that automatic turns off after a period of time because I have been known to forget that chore..

now the last few weeks I have felt a little adventurous in thinking about the coffee I use...see I am a Folgers girl thru and thru..and I drink it black...none of the foamy stuff added etc...just black..and added to that I cannot afford any of the "big label" stuff sitting on the coffee shelves...however I had sorta toyed around with the thought of getting some of that in the blue pkg...called Maxw ell house...that says good to the last drop...you know the one..but just had not done it...but when I went to the next town grocery store..a few days ago...I was rushing down the aisle...turned the corner and BAM...sitting right there in the middle of the aisle was some of that blue container coffee..and ON SALE...so I picked up a container and put in my basket feeling really smug...and kept saying to myself...ON SALE...

since I am one of those coffee drinker that have no problem with the caf. in coffee and can drink it all day if wanted...I waited until late in the afternoon to brew a batch of the blue container coffee...now I watch it seep thru the filter and fill the pot...finally it was finished...and I got out my favorite cup for that first taste...
pouring.....................................................tasting.............
spitting out.............................and empty cup....tasted like burned ashes left in a ash tray............................

it reminded me of the time.....when we had that coffee shortage...back a while when my kids were younger...back at the time when the phone rang and someone said...come over for coffee...and because of the shortage...boy did you...
now one morning I got one of those calls...from a lady just up the street...I just made coffee ...come on up...and I hurried out the door...for a coffee break...
when I arrived and sat down at the table for the wonderful cup of coffee...as she was a Folgers girl too...she poured it...and I am looking and it looks like colored water..she was using the grounds the second time around ...oh oh..but I did get thru it...

so I looked at my coffee maker and said..I truly am sorry that I put you thru that awful blue container coffee...I will not do that again...but softly under my breathe..I muttered...but I might try a different one...

redbird
the word writer Cheesy

"getting old is not for wimps

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #917 - 08/23/14 at 03:45:58

well it has been sometime since we have talked and I will tell you that a lot has happened...

the short version is....I have been ill...plain and simple...finally after a painful afternoon...son took me to the ER where I was admitted...
a wonderful doctor who cared for me...just would not give up...I can still see him standing and tapping my chart...saying something is just not right...
now this doctor was able to get me to do several first for me...as a masto person...some meds that never before...and after a very careful session with the radiology dept...a CT with contrast etc...
seems that from my 2012 gall bladder surgery a little something was left in my bile duct...yes a little something that had been causing me so much pain and ill...
you guessed it...a gallstone was left in my bile duct when they took my nasty gall bladder..and it was left and left and grew and grew...now I am not sure it grew but after being sent to the really big hospital for removal...doctor said it was as big as a marble...so the big hospital took it out...
and again another first...a different kind of "put you to sleep" stuff..
so I am still just a little on the ...yucky side but hoping for better things and a time and energy that I can tell you about this ....maybe it could help you sometime
until later

redbird
the word writer Cheesy

"getting old is not for wimps"

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #918 - 09/01/14 at 02:11:57

BLOCK PARTY.......
now my street has only four houses...and is a block long...
just across the road is a very big pasture...as far as you can see....the pasture has a fence, trees...tall grass....
so a few nights ago someone decided we needed to  have a BLOCK PARTY...with LIVE ENTERTAINMENT....

now everyone was watching with flashlights and spot lights as the first sounds of the concert/music sounds came from the tall grass just across the road... people nudged their doors open to get a look  .....wondering just who was coming for the party...it seemed to be a mystery...

just when everyone started thinking they should get out their lawn chairs.... the warm up sounds came from behind the tall grass right next to the fence...just a few feet away.... it was apparent that it was some unusual guest..and more than one...a regular choir...sounds of barking...howling and yapping  were hear..and it was LOUD....it was not singing of some soft love song....it sounded more like someone going to battle...

son was among those wondering ....he hopped out of bed and to the front door...and like all the neighbors had the porch light on ...and looking...
well by now you may have figured out that the choir was the pack of coyotes that live across in the pasture ...they have lived over there for years..we have seen them coming and going down our fence line into town ...after dark...but since we have a six ft wood fence around the back of our house...they have never decided to visit...

now after much time like in a lone time the concert was over....HOW WAS IT YOU ASK????  I don't know see....I slept right thru it...

redbird
the word writer Cheesy

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #919 - 09/24/14 at 10:27:12

from a book that I am reading by Sharon Sala......I wanted to share it with you as I thought it was good.....

Grief is as much a part of life as breathing
and comes to all of us, no matter out station in life.
It must be felt to pass from us. We have to weep for
what was lost before we are able to laugh again.

And laugh we must, for there is nothing worse than
quitting on life when there is still breath in our bodies.

redbird
the word writer

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #920 - 10/29/14 at 04:47:36

welllllllllllllllll  here I am...
in the famous words of my grandson...which I will always remember...when ask....Bradley what have you been doing??and his reply was...grandmother I have just been busy doing nothing...so folks I have just been busy doing nothin....

I have had an exciting last couple of weeks...I decided to go up to spent some time with my daughter...now just a few days..cannot be gone from the farm, my bed and the throne for long...so I packed my bag...and since daughter is busy right now in an art class I gathered up all of my old jewelry..my mom's and beads and feathers and you get the picture.....now I would tell you that there was lots of it...just junk that I was not sure why I would have ever worn them...bags and plastic tubs etc....

well after lugging it all in from the car...and doing some table sitting...remember we are table sitters....we opened up a box...and started the looking...and as daughter pulled out piece after piece...saying of mom...this is worth money...THIS I reply...yup...
now seems that she was up on all of this...knowing which pieces could be sold and which needed to go into the art bag for using in projects...
so we kept at the job...bags, jewelry and IPAD for looking...and sure enough there would be pictures on the net just like what we were holding in our hand....geez...who would want these ugly earrings...but there they were with a nice amount attached...and then more serious stuff started...and finally daughter looks me in the eye and says...mom there is some serious money here...
now next morning found her back at the table with ipad in hand and laughing as she had to take more pieces out of the ...for art bag...and into the selling bag...

excitement continues...

then on arriving back at the farm...son had cleaned the garage while I was gone...really he did...then on into the house and the old answering machine was blinking...
and folks I almost cannot believe the message that was left for me...it went something like this...

I am looking for Joyce..(that is my real name LOL)...my name is Amira from a casting agent in LA...we are casting a program for Discovery Channel TV on unknown diseases..we read an article in The Oklahoman(my big state paper) .. now several years ago when we had the big masto yearly conference in Oklahoma...the paper wrote up a really big story on masto and on the front page ...we would like to talk to you in regard to this and interview ...for a part of the series...here is the contact information...please call as we are casting this week...OH MY I am almost in tears...we all have struggled for so long to make our disease something that people know about....gosh it is Thursday so that only gives me a short time to find .....so I am on the phone trying to find a ....masto person who can talk better than me etc...after many phone calls I finally reached Michelle who travels every where talking to doctors etc...and long story short...she makes the connection and a family in DC is being interviewed and has signed all necessary papers etc...then we wait to see if our part of the series will be accepted by Discovery...
please everyone cross your fingers and send positive thoughts and anything else to hopefully make this happen..I will let you know when I hear  ...and hopefully it will be soon....

well I have more to tell you but going to take a break ....more later...

redbird
the word writer Cheesy

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #921 - 10/29/14 at 07:01:26

author William Kruger writes about indians in the northern states....I like him...this is in his new book...

Fear is who we are...
his old indian friend told him..
in every human being, there are two wolves constantly fighting.  One is fear, and the other is love.  when ask which one won the battle...the answer was....
the one you feed the most, always the one you feed.

redbird

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #922 - 01/03/15 at 14:56:46

Happy New Year Redbird!!!   I hope your holidays were pleasant and that you are well and happy!!!

Much love!!!

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #923 - 01/07/15 at 07:10:42

well gosh we have not had a chat in a looong time...so let's get right to it.....
the holidays have come and gone..and I am hoping that for you it was a good time..sometimes that is hard with this old masto hanging over our heads as well as other problems that occurs in everyday life

Thanksgiving was a snap..daughter brought everything and all I did was deviled eggs and made a fruit salad..granddaughter came with her family so we had a really nice time...and yes we did sit around the table...table sitters us...

then Christmas came and it was quiet......
you see the first of the month of December I finally gave in to the fact...eye surgery was a must...now I know what you are saying...but I am a coward...plain and simple...coward redbird...regardless of all those...it is a snap..nothing to it...coward redbird...
but gentle eye doctor assured me...he was going to take excellent care of me...so we did it...and it went well..
HOWEVER...
gentle eye doctor did not tell me about the new exercise program that he had planned for me...now here is the deal.....
put these eye drops in several times a day....OK says I....
don't drive car....OK says I
don't lift anything heavy...OK says I
don't bend over....instead you must SQUAT.....what says I...squat like in the exercise squat...squat???
yes says he...
now keep in mind that this 80 yr old lady who will soon be 81 had no plans on learning to do squats..but I did
now this is a new part of life for me..do you know how many times a day someone bends over...for all kind of things...well think about it...
BUT I am trying to be a good patient (ha)...so I am sweeping the floor..squat to put the dust pan to sweep up dirt...no no no not me...I just lifted up the corner of the rug and sweep that dude right under it..works for me...
but we have gotten thru it finally....my right eye seems just fine but the left one is sorta dragging it's feet but gentle doctor says it will catch up...
THEN...gentle doctor says it is time for you to pick out some new glasses...so back to the glasses room he takes me...Now Ms. Willie is smiling ready for to help me...and she says...see anything you like...oh no..Ms. Willie does not know how hard it is for me to make a choice...(daughter calls them options)...I am the person who finally chooses one and then thinks I might should have chosen the other one..but finally we pick out a pair and I am pretty sure that I like them...or was it the other pair...no not those...that one...see what I mean..

now just so you know that J C Pennys reads our  blog....now you know how I have complained and moaned because the "fat lady catalog" uses size 3 models for their clothes trying to make us think that we will look just like them...well they announced that they now are using...larger models for fat ladies clothes..I have not seen that yet but that is what it says...right in my big paper...

and another wonderful thing that was in my big paper....that an Indian tribe here in Oklahoma is involved in raising butterflies...we have I think something like lots of tribes in Oklahoma and it was one up in the northern part of our state...but who would not like to visit a butterfly farm..

and if you are a reader of my stuff...you know my long and defeat of making biscuits..from scratch ...from baking mix...people have sent me recipes from all over the world..BUT I am just so bad I have given it up...canned ones for this table...HOWEVER you might also know that I love watching cooking shows..and contest... one of the really neat ones is one for children...up to age 12....so I am watching this show and having so much fun...these kids are amazing...and one little boy is from Canada and he is eight...you read that correctly...8...so now this little boy is making some big dish...something with baking..and he forgets to put the baking powder in it....oh no he says..I forgot...hummm oh I know I will MAKE BISCUITS...8 yrs old and he did...and they looked great and I guess tasted good as he made it to the next round...NO I do not want his recipe...I was happy for him...canned ones for me..

and you know the story of the yard cats...Ranger and the twins...who are now all grown up...Ranger because it looks like he has on a mask...like the lone Ranger and the twins are Chubby and Tubby...now all of these cats are fat and shining pretty cats...BUT they are all tomcats and they have always gotten along regardless of that..you remember that Ranger raised the twins while their mom was out catting around...
WELL...Ranger has decided that it is time for the twins to leave home...but they do not want to...so they have been having a few spats in regard to this..Ranger has been spending lots of nights OUT ..somewhere and since we are a small town we don't have a bar etc...but he sure come in daylight CRANKY...Chubby gets on top of the roof when he sees him dragging in home...and Tubby just wants in the house...so this dispute is still on going..

and another thing that happen since we talked...our 18 year old refrigerator went on the blink..nothing last any more..daughter says I will buy you a new one...look and see what you want...so son measures because the space is just so big...now we were not desperate we had a little "college dorm" one we could keep stuff crammed in...but we took all our information and went shopping..
now we have no appliance store in our town so that means up to the next one...and we go into the ONLY appliance store...wow...not friendly people here..no sales from me..
on to the next store and I will tell you it is a small sears store...kinda use to be an order store but they have appliances large ones...
so we are strolling thru the fridges...and I am pretty upset as the prices are all so high...and THEN...we came to this fridge sorta sitting off to it's self..with a sale price on the door...new but the ice maker does not work..but for me that is not a problem..so after much discussion with son and daughter...we purchased this one...it's just the right size etc...
now we are a happy bunch...really a bargain...everything great and the delivery man came left it and took away the old 18 yr old one...
now after having this fridge now for about 3 weeks I can tell you that it is "possessed"  yup it is..it makes all kinds of strange noises...sometimes it hums...sometimes it clacks...sometimes it clatters...and for me..I am waiting and will not be surprised when it speaks..son mentioned to me that...mom have you noticed our new fridge has a personality...humm says I "possessed"

I must tell you that I have turned over a new leaf for the new year....it is called ...Lazy...want to take a nap..go for it...want to work jigsaw puzzles all day...go for it..talk to my friend Mary from "across the pasture" do that too...and of course watch Ron Mary's hubby put up all this wonderful outdoor Christmas decorations..and if you want to sit in the nest and just look out the window...that is allowed..so as you can see...in the famous words of my grandson...."I have been busy doing nothing"
so what have you been doing...

redbird
the word writer  Cheesy

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #924 - 01/08/15 at 05:51:27

I thought that I needed to share this important info with you today!!

you know how I have often  told you.... how talking to yourself is good even though many snigger on hearing this kind of action....well you see sometimes Dr. Phil calls me when he has a really hard problem to deal with on his show...and of course I am glad to help...
recently he talked about "talking to yourself out loud"...and he says that he is called...."reproduction" and it is important..he got that out of one of his text books...
and
son told me this morning about some information he saw while watching ...swamp people....which could pertain to our current cat problem...now remembering that Ranger is the older tom cat that help raise the twins Tubby and Chubby...now got that straight...
they said if you saw 2 bull alligators together in an area it was because they were brothers..others they would try to run off...
so since Tub and Chub are brothers but tom cats...they is the reason they get along...
so if you look out in your back yard and see 2 bull alligators it is ok because they are brothers

just thought this was something you needed to know

redbird
the word writer Cheesy

IP Logged

sarahkay1111
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #925 - 01/08/15 at 17:51:54

HaHaHa--that's funny about the cats Redbird Grin  I wish you luck with your refrigerator!  --Sarah

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #926 - 01/08/15 at 23:49:25

You know, I've been wondering about this for like FOR E VER!    You see, I've got these two bull gators which have been hanging out .......!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!   Very funny Redbird!!!  Thanks for the laugh! ....and for  resolving that pesky question!  Grin Grin

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #927 - 01/09/15 at 03:22:29

some time ago I told you about the TV show Discovery calling me about a tv series on unknown diseases...and they even interviewed a couple etc etc...
when I ask one of the masto people to talk to them etc...we all waited for something to happen..
when I  wrote to her for any  news she sent me the following email..

Joyce,
We found out last night they declined to do the show because Mastocytosis is “too complicated”
We are all sad, but will keep trying.
Mishele

COMPLICATED!!!!! GEEZE TELL US SOMETHING WE DIDN'T KNOW Angry

redbird

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #928 - 01/10/15 at 04:21:06

BOY DO I HAVE A PROBLEM TODAY!!!!!  HELP PLEASE

now at our house we look for bargains everywhere...fixed income will do that to you....SO....we go to the day old bread store and buy bread...we have to travel to another town so we must make it a worth while trip...and that means getting a car load of bread and stock it up in our big freezer..you can spend about 20$ and have bread for about 3-4 months..
a couple of days ago son went over to get bread and while he was there he noticed that muffin mix was on sale as well...
now I make lots of muffins we like the ability to hold them in our hand for eating instead of the cake and plate ...you know the drill..but sometimes you can buy a mix cheaper than doing the home made thing...and this was a bargin..so son get several pkgs...
so I take one of the pkgs out and start the muffin making process...reading the instructions...BUT WAIT....it says ...will make about 5 muffins...
so here is where I am puzzled..I have several muffin pans..different sizes..but they are 6 small holes for batter and 12 holes for batter...like a small pan and a large pan...HAS THE WORLD INVENTED A NEW MUFFIN PAN???? and it has 5 holes and 10 holes...
well I am going to make muffins whatever...and I fill up 5 holes with batter and put water in the other one...that's a Paula Dean trick....remember her...she said it would keep you pan from burning up...
sure enough muffins baked and out of the oven and eating...BUT this requires a letter to the company for an explanation of these measurements..
HELP SOMEONE!!

redbird
the word writer

"getting old is not for wimps" Cheesy

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #929 - 01/10/15 at 08:36:21

Uh.....well, soundīs like a 2nd grader wrote those instructions, which is why it requires a 2nd grader to translate them!   Iīm afraid youīre out luck if you havenīt got a spare 2nd grader hanging about!    Huh

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 67
Send Topic Print