Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What is Difference between PG D2 and 11 Beta-Prostaglandin F2 Alpha? (Read 2764 times)
Ladybug
Ex Member

What is Difference between PG D2 and 11 Beta-Prostaglandin F2 Alpha?
05/18/14 at 08:36:35

I'm trying to figure out some of the results of my 24-hour urine specimen lab results taken on a normal day and frozen at home and transport, chilled at lab.

I have a high 11 Beta-Prostaglandin F2 Alpha AND PG D2, but a normal N-Methylhistamine.

I've found very little on both of the ones that I was high on and hope that someone here might have some info.

Thank you!

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Re: What is Difference between PG D2 and 11 Beta-Prostaglandin F2 Alpha?
Reply #1 - 05/21/14 at 16:58:38

11 Beta-Prostaglandin F2 Alpha  is a metabolite of PGD2.    Having elevated levels of either indicates MC activation and would be considered diagnostic for MCAS.

histamines and methyl-histamines is the same thing, the methyl-histamines is the metabolite of histamines.  Not having them be elevated isn't an issue as long as the PGD2 is elevated.    The criteria for MCAS is having a mediator elevated and so having normal trytpase too doesn't rule out a MC disorder.   In fact in a video I saw of Dr. Castells she said that even in mastocytosis they are recognizing that at least 20% of the SM patients have normal tryptase and they are beginning to adjust the criteria to recognize this!

I hope this helps!

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Ladybug
Ex Member

Re: What is Difference between PG D2 and 11 Beta-Prostaglandin F2 Alpha?
Reply #2 - 05/26/14 at 10:19:17

Yes, this does help, Lisa. Thank you, very much!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print