Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Visit YaBB today Wink
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Feeling so hyper and what to do?? (Read 1390 times)
SusanF
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Feeling so hyper and what to do??
07/15/13 at 06:30:08

Hi,
I have found that one of my symptoms is pretty consistent. I wake up in the morning and within five minutes or so I start to feel so wound up and anxious. I start burping and I feel like my body is so over stimulated and I do not know what to do with that feeling. Sometimes my nerves feel twitchy. I do not want to take a Xanax as I will feel kind of spacy on it, but what can I do to calm myself down ? I try deep breathing and Yoga and it seems ot help for awhile and then I get that racy feeling again. I wonder if I should do aerobic exercise and run or something? I am only on 10mg Zyrtec at night and Zantac 150 twice a day. I feel loopy on that as I am so sensitive ot med's but it seems to be helping me. I lose that jumpy feeling as the day goes on and do not have it at night for the most part. I have to say this disorder is awful, especially when all of your tests come up normal. People start to think you are crazy!!! Susan Embarrassed

IP Logged

Britt
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Feeling so hyper and what to do??
Reply #1 - 07/18/13 at 08:08:41

Hi Susan! I get the exact same feeling. You describe it perfectly. Like your body is on high alert or something. I notice too that when I'm feeling this way, any sudden loud noise or quick movement (like if I'm sitting on the couch and my son bumps into it) it makes my whole body shutter. Such a disturbing feeling.
The ladies on this site recommended I start taking another Zyrtec later in the day (I too was taking one Zyrtec and two Zantac!) I've noticed an improvement since doing that. Not perfect of course, but much better. When I'm feeling really hyper, I will also take liquid Benadryl, sometimes that helps.
But I think most on this site would agree to take a second H1 antihistamine.
This disease is very bizarre! Never know what to expect!  Huh
Best of luck!  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print