Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tumeric time! (Read 2015 times)
DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Tumeric time!
05/31/13 at 01:25:56

So, I am trying an experiment. It has long been said that turmeric really helps alleviate mast cells problems along with other medical conditions. Nancy Gould, who had lung cancer, pushed her cancer into remission for years and years. She attributed it to the turmeric! Sadly, the cancer eventually crept back and took her, but it really made a huge difference for a long time for her. Our very own forum advisor, Joan, also  takes turmeric and finds that it definitely helps her feel good.

So, here goes! Time for me to try a bit and see what happens! I am, of course, at a nice stable level, so I feel comfortable in trying something new. If I were reacting to things in general right now, I wouldn't add something new till I was more stable.

I'll keep you posted!

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Futurehope
Mentor

Clermont, Florida
Re: Tumeric time!
Reply #1 - 05/31/13 at 02:33:48

I tried it and did not feel well, though I cannot remember the problem...maybe heartburn?  But in my case, maybe it was the formulation?  

I cannot wait to see what, if anything, it does for you.  Keep us posted.

IP Logged

jbean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 07/16/13 at 17:28:19

Well Deb.  Here's a sad one:  before gluten free diet, tryptase=20, after gluten free diet, tryptase=15

Darn it!  It really did work!

Positive genetic test for celiac, negative serology.

There go my morning muffins!!!

IP Logged

Futurehope
Mentor

Clermont, Florida
Reply #3 - 07/18/13 at 01:19:56

Did you have the "23 and me" genetic testing? If not, what testing did you have and how do you get tested?  TIA

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print