Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
air conditioning (Read 1296 times)
Serbo
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

air conditioning
07/17/13 at 02:55:47

HI all,

I work in a big office block, modern building, something in the AC is affecting me. I've been fine until recently, perhaps they have changed something.

I have hayfeever as well as MCAS, perhaps the pollen is getting in, I dont know - but i'm getting that numb feeling on my face and forehead which i've not had for a very long time. Really weird. also the usual dry mouth and bunged up nose. Anyone else suffer from this? any remedies?

thanks

IP Logged

shabrans
Tutor

Re: air conditioning
Reply #1 - 07/17/13 at 04:30:26

I was having problems recently with ac and dehumidifier. It occurred to me maybe I was getting too dry. I increased fluid intake to 2.5 to 3 liters a day. It really helped.

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Re: air conditioning
Reply #2 - 07/19/13 at 06:59:36

Dry mouth can be from the AC, the antihistamines or from the masto itself if you are autoimmune - sjogrens is known to happen with many of us.    Iīve been going to a dentist who is a "stomatologist" or in other words he specializes in mouth lesions and his area is autoimmune.   One look at the mucus membranes in my mouth and he said, You are DEHYDRATED!!  DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!     I began carrying about with me a water bottle EVERYWHERE!!!   I still get a dry mouth but no where near as bad and the rest of my body is THANKING ME!!!   Dehydration will degranulate mast cells.    So, listen to your dry mouth and begin lugging that water bottle about taking sips every few minutes.  It really helps!!!!

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print