Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Prolonged syncope? Shock & Exhaustion? Narcolepsy? WHAT??? (Read 16711 times)
Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Re: Prolonged syncope? Shock & Exhaustion? Narcolepsy? WHAT???
Reply #30 - 08/28/12 at 18:22:39

Spinning you say?  Well I have had a couple of times some pretty heafty dizziness yes, but not directly related to the semi-conscious syncope state, no.  But then, we are all so different, why couldn't happen.  

With masto, there are very few hard and fast rules except that it makes you feel pretty awful at times!

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

PJP123
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #31 - 10/03/12 at 07:02:21

FINALLY SOME ANSWERS!

I just got back from tilt table test and after 30 minutes the doc says well you don't have POTS.  I said to the nurse "this is impossible" I know this has to be my problem.  Then they shot me with adrenaline and I came within a second of passing out.

Confirmed Neurocardiogenic Syncope.  I need to read more about hyperadrenergic POTS and see what if anything is the difference.  Is this just another one of these "rare" things that docs don't know about?  (Meaning Hyper Pots).

It only took 51 years my friends.  Just think.  My life has been awful for 51 because of this and not a single doctor ever thought to send me to an elecrophysiologist.

I want to thank MSG who first put the thought in my head to look into POTS.

IP Logged

PJP123
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #32 - 10/03/12 at 15:22:51

Also I wanted to ad that I have never passed out so I don't understand the neurocardiogenic syncope diagnosis.

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #33 - 10/03/12 at 23:42:26

A DIAGNOSIS!!  YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheesy    

People who donīt have a MC disorder donīt realize how liberating a diagnosis is for us!!!!!   With a diagnosis comes TREATMENT and UNDERSTANDING!!   It empowers us and our doctors to give us a means of dealing with our symptoms otherwise everybody just treats you like youīre demented!!!!!!!

So, as bittersweet as this is, itīs worth CELEBRATING!!!!!!!!!    Cheesy  Congrats!!!!!

Now, neurocardiogenic shock is something I need to brush up on and Iīll have to get back to you about it.  I understand the basics, but I donīt want to just say it off the cuff cause I might get it wrong, so Iīll pop back on here and let you know what I get out of it.

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print