Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Heat topic AGAIN (Read 2466 times)
kimtg68
Guru

Alabama
Heat topic AGAIN
08/02/11 at 14:47:18

Since I am not yet officially diagnosed I still experiment with reactions to multiple factors. Well I think I can confidently say heat is a reacting factor for me. When in Michigan and Canada in June where temps ranged from high 60's to low 80's I did so much better. Then I returned to Alabama with 90's and 100's and did not do well. Now I'm coming back to Alabama from New York. NY temps were low 80's while I was there and I did pretty good with that. I'm still on the road to Alabama and as I get closer the temps get higher and I'm feeling worse again. I think that is a pretty good indicator that heat is a major contributor to my bad symptoms. I just don't know how to NOT be in it. I've ALWAYS been such an outdoor person. Being inside all the time to avoid the heat gets depressing and put weight on me.
I'm still waiting on the lab results from my old biopsy. Once I get home, if I don't have any results on my answering machine or in the mail I am going to call! I'm SO ready for a dis Isis and the right treatment!

Kim

IP Logged

kimtg68
Guru

Alabama
Re: Heat topic AGAIN
Reply #1 - 08/02/11 at 14:49:15

Oops I meant to say I'm so ready for a diagnosis.

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #2 - 08/02/11 at 15:13:37

I sure understand Kim. We moved from the big city to the country when our kids were young and it was great. Norman Rockwell town and people, our lives were enriched by it all. Well hubby and I split (he missed the city), kids grew up and left,  now its me, living in the middle of the woods.. gorgeous area but it is VERY much in the boonies..I used to spend my days tubing down a lazy river here and sitting at a campfire at night --or at least outside watching the fireflies.. and shooting stars..

Now I feel like a prisoner behind AC walls... I get so much worse so quickly when I go outside and especially with exertion outside. (Florida temps in the high 90s, heat index in the 100s)... I have to much more carefully plan my trips out until winter then I feel free! Im looking into maybe moving north.. Just be careful outside... this is the worse month, next month we will celebrate  Smiley
hugs
Ramona

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

kimtg68
Guru

Alabama
Reply #3 - 08/03/11 at 10:37:15

I am most definitely counting down the days until the weather cools off! Be careful R, I think it's about to get worse for weather!!!

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #4 - 08/04/11 at 05:03:59

Kimmie, you need to up your meds a bit!   Take an extra dose of antihistamines - make sure you're not more than 5 or so hours during the day without them.  You've got to compensate for the heat and the extra degranulation it causes.  

However, you've been spending 2 days straight in a car, the vibrations and stress of the travelling are also triggers!   That feeling of being so tired with travelling is because of the mast cells being triggered by all of the movement and input that your eyes and ears and body receives.  So, another reason why you were feeling worse as the trip went on!!  It's going to take you a good 3 or 4 days to recover from it all, which is about how long it takes for your body to restore all of the degranulated mast cells!!!   So, keep a very low profile!!

LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!!  This is the one major rule a masto patient MUST FOLLOW!!

Hugs!

Kiss Kiss

Don´t forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

kimtg68
Guru

Alabama
Reply #5 - 08/04/11 at 14:05:14

Car riding too? Vibrations! Oh geez I had no clue!!! Beginning to wonder what else causes degranulation. Can I make one up? Ex-wives!!!! I think they cause degranulation and MUST be avoided at all cost! We have hubby's ex staying here in our house for a couple days!!!!!! Ugh! Long story.
Low profile is not an option at least for awhile. Taking care of son from surgery, running to doc appt, grocery shopping, playing catch up on laundry from our week long trip to NY for said sons surgery, well you get the picture. I will attempt to rest where I can, I promise.
Lisa, does it matter which antihistamine I up... Zyrtec or Allegra?
Thanks!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print