Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dentist Appointment (Read 984 times)
In2butterflyz
Tutor

Dentist Appointment
06/22/11 at 03:56:43

Ok, so I just wanted to let you guys know that I finally got up enough courage to make a dentist appointment!   My appointment is tomorrow so any prayers are welcome! I am extremely nervous  Embarrassed.  I filled out all of my medical history online but it didn’t have to many questions that related to our mast cell problems.  I printed out two articles to take with me, the brief introduction for new patients and doctors and  What you should know about anesthesia.  I suppose I should ask for lidocaine.  I read that local anesthetics in the “Ester” group should be avoided and that mast cell patients seem to tolerate the “Amides” group ok.  Any other suggestions besides lots of prayer?   Cry
Thanks,
Tracey

IP Logged

In2butterflyz
Tutor

Re: Dentist Appointment
Reply #1 - 06/22/11 at 04:06:17

One more thing I forgot to add.  My appointment isn’t till 5:30pm so I am going to take my morning meds as usual (Zantac and Allergra) then around 5 I think I am going to take another 300mg of Zantac and 20mg Zyrtec then right before I go in I am going to take 50mg of liquid Benadryl.  How does that sound?

Thanks Again,
Tracey

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print