Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Epsom Salts (Read 2530 times)
missmarple
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Epsom Salts
02/19/11 at 03:23:12

I have had a blood test and been found to be low in magnesium, very low. I did some research and found magnesium helps metabolise histamine so I need to do something! I can't tolerate any drugs at the moment so does anyone have a view on taking a bath in epsom salts? Bad or good thing for mast cell sufferers??

IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Re: Epsom Salts
Reply #1 - 02/19/11 at 05:26:34

I don't think it would hurt as long as the water is not too hot.  Keep the first bath short and pay attention to your body.

By the way... my understanding is that calcium and magnesium work in tandem.  Do you take calcium supplements?  If so, maybe you're getting too much calcium and it's throwing your magnesium out of balance.  Did you have your serum calcium tested at the same time?

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #2 - 02/19/11 at 06:11:34

I LOVE epsom salts baths!  I've worked up to pretty warm ones, but started cooler, to make sure I wouldn't react.  If you start to feel bad in any way, and too much heat can make me lightheaded, get out immediately.  Might be good to take your morning or night meds an hour before the bath.  I think the mineral baths help with muscle pain and cramps, too.

Joan

IP Logged

missmarple
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 02/19/11 at 07:26:39

Oh brilliant - I will go out and get some. I shall look into calcium Starflower thank you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print