Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Zantac vs. Pepcid (Read 3818 times)
nycpots
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
New York, NY
Zantac vs. Pepcid
01/29/11 at 11:34:02

Re: Zantac - quick question - does anyone know why most folks are on Zantac  (Ranitidine) vs. Pepcid (Famotidine)? Is one 'better' than the other for folks with  mast cell issues?

Here's the situation - I am currently taking Zantac 300 mg 2x day (along with Zyrtec, Singulair, Gastrocrom etc.) but I've been recently having a bad surge of symptoms and I think an ingredient in one of the medications is part of the issue. UGGGH!!!! As a result, I'm starting the dreadful task of trying to figure out which drug may be the 'culprit' because of the filler, dye etc. and one thing I'm wondering is if the red dye in the Zantac is part of the problem(?). I have bought some Pepcid (which also has dye but the inactive ingredients are a bit different) but I'm scared to switch since Zantac seems to be the drug most folks use and I'm wondering if that is because it is more effective etc? I've tried to research it online but, thus far, to no avail......If any of you were instructed on this one way or another by your doctor or have had personal experiences with sensitivities to these drugs etc. I'd really love any feedback. THANK YOU!!! Why oh why can't they make these drugs 'purer'????

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print