Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Visit YaBB today Wink
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Can I take Folic Acid for pregnancy? (Read 2218 times)
MastoGem
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Can I take Folic Acid for pregnancy?
07/22/14 at 08:22:38

I'm pregnant.  Grin I'm excited and nervous.

Most days I've felt well dealing with MCAD with vitamins, amino acids, a nutrient dense diet, etc.

I got pregnant and posted on here that I was ready to apply for disability I felt so awful. LOL.  Turns out MCAD wasn't the issue.  Cheesy

My vitamin cocktail doesn't include Folic Acid and I can't remember if I left that out for a reason.  I'm researching it now and would love any guidance about Folic acid intake for Mcad or general pregnancy issues related to mcad.

Thank you!

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." — EKR

IP Logged

sarahkay1111
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Can I take Folic Acid for pregnancy?
Reply #1 - 07/28/14 at 04:45:23

Congratulations MastoGem!  Is this your first baby?  I have 3 girls, but didn't have MCAS issues at that time, so I don't have much advice for you in that area Undecided  If you tolerate supplements well, I would think any folic acid would be good--just maybe try to find one with the fewest fillers.  If you can eat cereal, it has a lot of folic acid in it (folic acid is MOST important in the first few months of pregnancy).  Did you find one you can take yet?  Most prenatals should have folic acid in them now, right?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print