Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
C-sections, surgery precautions I should know (Read 2297 times)
missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
C-sections, surgery precautions I should know
07/28/14 at 06:42:44

Hello everyone it's been awhile. I haven been doing quite well. In fact Im 9 months pregnant with my third baby and I'm scheduled to be induced in 7 days for high BP and gestational diabetes. I react very little now days and am down from taking 13 different meds to only on 3 meds now. Zyrtec, thyroid and Prevacid. Anyways my question is I have been warned if my blood pressure gets too high during childbirth I might need to be c-sectioned. I'm wanting to know if I have to have an emergency C-section and be totally put under is there any meds that shouldn't be used on me because of mastocytosis?
Thanks
Missy

IP Logged

Susan
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: C-sections, surgery precautions I should know
Reply #1 - 07/28/14 at 16:44:26

Hi Missy! Sorry I don't know the answer to your question. I just wanted to congratulate you on your pregnancy. I hope everything goes well for the birth.

Susan

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ Chronic neurological infections
Diagnosed with Mastocytosis August 2011

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Re: C-sections, surgery precautions I should know
Reply #2 - 07/28/14 at 21:30:45

CONGRATS!!! That is so great to hear.

I had gallbladder surgery but have not had a C-section.

usually they do a spinal anesthetic for a c section and you stay awake. I'd give you doc the TMS surgery protocols so they avoid preservatives and known mast cell degranulating meds

http://www.tmsforacure.org/documents/ER_Protocol.pdf

It has a section on surgery. Some mast cell docs advise premedicating for surgery or labour. Might want to run it past whoever is following you. Keep us posted. All the best! Cool Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print