Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Visit YaBB today Wink
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Will Sensitivity to Food Decrease When Mast Cells are Controlled? (Read 1824 times)
Futurehope
Mentor

Clermont, Florida
Will Sensitivity to Food Decrease When Mast Cells are Controlled?
07/04/13 at 01:24:06

There are so many foods I react to right now, and many of them add the most flavor to my food.

For example, I react to rice milk, almond milk, cow's milk, hazelnut milk,
any kind of milk.  I react to apples, raisins, strawberries.

If my mast cells are more controlled, will I have more choices of foods I can eat?  I certainly hope so.

IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Re: Will Sensitivity to Food Decrease When Mast Cells are Controlled?
Reply #1 - 07/04/13 at 10:37:36

I can only share my own experience... yes Smiley  I still have to be a bit careful (and I don't think I'll ever be able to eat gluten again), but it's soooooo nice to enjoy a little chocolate... and swiss cheese on a sandwich (gluten-free, of course)... and hot coffee.

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #2 - 07/12/13 at 17:10:47

I react a lot less to perfumes when I'm under control.  

One thing I noticed, you say you react to milk of all kinds.   Milk has enzymes in them and you probably are reacting to these and not the "milk" itself.   And if this is so, then yes, in calming down your body, you should be able to reintroduce the meds, but this takes time and careful monitoring to do so.

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Jennifer R.
Tutor

I am not a mushroom!
McAlester, OK
Reply #3 - 07/27/13 at 17:40:57

Several of the things you mention are not true milk, and if you are buying them premade they have many additives that would definitely cause a reaction.  For instance nuts are a common reactive and nut oils are used in rice milk. Whenever I'm have reactions like that to something that normally I would consider safe I look to see if there's a filler I may have missed while reading the ingredients.  If that turns out to be the case for you the good news is that it's easy to make your own rice "milk".  I have a friend who always has freshly made Horchata(s?) in her frig for her highly reactive little girl.  Great stuff. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print