Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Skin Shield: Liquid Bandage (Read 2007 times)
zippy890
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Skin Shield: Liquid Bandage
05/02/13 at 08:05:14

Listmates,

I am constantly cutting my fingers or hands, then having to engage in some dirty job that presents risk of infection.   I used to use Liquid Band-Aid Brand, liquid bandages to help with this problem, as they had almost no smell, and did not trigger me at all.   Trouble was, they were expensive (they had a stick applicator with a blue tip, and a seperate activator liquid you put on the stick).   And I haven't been able to find this brand for a long time.  I think they may have quit making it, as it was not competitive with cheaper stuff most people would use, like Nu Skin.  But Nu Skin has clove oil in it, which has a very persistent smell, and it did trigger me - badly.

Fortunately, I started reading labels and found a relative "clean" product called Skin Shield.   It does not have clove oil, or any other aromatic oils like that.   Now, it does have acetone (they all do), and other volatile chemicals, but they evaporate quickly and do not seem to persist.  Applied in a well ventilated area, it seems to be something I can get away with.

So just a tip for you fine folks.  I've also seen single "finger gloves" that are made to fit over a single finger for a similar purpose.   But I have no expericence with these yet.

Hope this helps someone,
Todd in Tenn.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print