Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ever gone OFF Gastrcrom? (Read 1974 times)
jbean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Ever gone OFF Gastrcrom?
12/07/12 at 14:01:14

Hello,

Has anybody ever gone OFF of gastrcrom?  My insurance doesn't cover it, so I have SLOWLY been weaning myself off from it.  Just wondering if anyone else has ever gone "backwards" so to speak?

So far, I seem to be doing o.k.  It was also giving me some gi problems when I took it, and now I actually feel a little better without so much.  

-Jbean

IP Logged

PamH
Mentor

Indianapolis, IN USA
Re: Ever gone OFF Gastrcrom?
Reply #1 - 12/07/12 at 14:58:53

Jbean,
I know we are all different but my doctor told me never to skip a dose because I have a tendacy to become "allergic" to things.  ( my husband reminds me of this when I don't feel like getting up and drinking it at 10pm.) Apparently skipping doses can contribute to the body becoming allergic.

My insurance changed and I no longer could afford the liquid cromolyn.  So I now get it from a compounding pharmacy in Washington state. They mail it every month!  It comes in a powder and seems a little nicer on my stomach than the liquid did.  It costs around $115 a month.  
If this is an option for you and you need further information let me know.
Good luck!

Pam

IP Logged

mikev
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!
st louis, mo
Reply #2 - 12/08/12 at 08:24:00

Jbean:
I have switched off starting last Jan after a good 3 years on it. I switched to Ketitofen. Probably from same pharmacist Pam gets her gastrocrom compounded from. With my type of masto, mainly skin pain & sensitivity, the switch looking back was right thing to do. It's seems to keeps my masto & mutated cells in bettter check. But I just can't imagine going back to the days when I had no mast cell stabilizer in group of meds at all. Just a single masto's opinion.
MikeV-now almost an 8 year vet of masto.

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #3 - 01/14/13 at 01:54:24

This Topic was moved here from General Mast Cell Disorder Discussion by DeborahW, Founder.

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print