Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Food and Meds Recalls (Read 1489 times)
Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Food and Meds Recalls
11/15/12 at 15:14:50

I just signed up for emails from the FDA about recalls of foods and meds.  I expected a few each month.  I didn't expect a few each day, and it's not always about contamination or bacteria.

In foods, the recalls and warnings have mostly been that foods contain substances that they aren't supposed to have, e.g., sulfites or nuts, but also foods that aren't supposed to have any milk or wheat products in them and actually do have some.  Same with nuts and other things that can cause people to react.  So, if you think you reacted to a food, and it contains more than one ingredient, it's always possible it also contained something that's not on the label!

Joan

IP Logged

MarciaB
Guiding Light

Life is Good on MC meds!

Re: Food and Meds Recalls
Reply #1 - 11/15/12 at 23:56:04

Thanks joan. I was shocked at how many there were too. Salmonella seems to be a big problem too.

I can understand bad bacteria getting into a product and that being missed occasionally but there's no way a manufacturer doesn't know the ingredients in their products.

I thought any fda recalls would be in the news. Heck they wouldn't have time for other news if they reported all of these.

I'm going to post this on the web so others can see this.

Tc .. Marcia

CFS,FM,Celiac,Ataxia,Dysautonomia,Paget's,Seizures,PelvicPain,Hyperinsulinemia ...Responding to Wahls diet, supps and MC meds.. kow ...    

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: Food and Meds Recalls
Reply #2 - 11/16/12 at 08:38:43

A lot of them appeared to have been products that might have been subject to cross-contamination with nuts, dairy, wheat, etc. during manufacturing.

If a recall isn't big news, you'd have to dig to find it.  If people are injured and if it's widespread, then it seems to make the front page.

Joan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print