Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need help with head pain (Read 3106 times)
angelloz
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Need help with head pain
11/04/12 at 05:24:17

Hello all,
I am having so much daily head pain. whole skull hurts...and is always sore to the touch. When laying down I keep switching side as the pain increases. I stay away from pain medicines since I also get horrific migraines and save meds for that. I have seen soooo many neurologists. Any tips or advice would be so welcome. I traveled to see Dr. Afrin last Monday...so will be awhile before I get any results. Not certain if the head situation is mast cell related or not.

Angelloz

IP Logged

Worried Parent
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Need help with head pain
Reply #1 - 11/04/12 at 06:00:33

I assume it is related because my daughter gets exactly the same symptoms.  

Hopefully these symptoms will go away once they get her on the correct dose of meds!!!

Pam

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #2 - 11/04/12 at 22:11:25

Angel, if youīve seen neurologists and ruled out any kind of vascular or physical problem inside the brain, then itīs very possibly masto related.   I used to get awful migraines but once I got on daily masto meds they disappeared like magic!   Perhaps some H3 antihistamines may help.   I donīt know, however.   Talk with a neurologist who is willing to do some studying on masto.

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

MarciaB
Guiding Light

Life is Good on MC meds!

Reply #3 - 11/05/12 at 07:16:24

Hi Angel,

Hope you're feeling better by now.  You got some great aswers so far. I just wanted to add that I used to avoid taking pain meds but not anymore. I just got tired of being in pain and missing out.

One Tylenol 500 mg capsule usually helps me. But if my pain is unbearable I'll take something stronger.

Fwiw, this may or may not apply but flares from Paget's of the skull present as massive headaches. I've found pain killers when needed and avoiding any possible source of lactoferrin help avoid these
flares.

I'm mentioning this because I didn't know I had Paget's until I got a ridge on the top of my skull.  A recent cat dx it too.  I'd had pain in my head / skull for many years before this became apparent.
All areas where I have Paget's hurt when flaring not just this ridge.

I'm 57 and not sure when this first started.

Tc .. Marcia

CFS,FM,Celiac,Ataxia,Dysautonomia,Paget's,Seizures,PelvicPain,Hyperinsulinemia ...Responding to Wahls diet, supps and MC meds.. kow ...    

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print