Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Explain Your flushing (Read 1893 times)
kcpatrick
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Explain Your flushing
09/07/12 at 16:24:21

Just curious if you guys could share with me what your flushing episodes are like.
(just a bit of background I have POTS and after a random flushig episode one day My doctor mentioned possible MCAD)

Mine go like this: usually after getting hot or stressed my nose cheeks and forehead turn red. I feel like my face is on fire and it is hot to the touch but I do not sweat at all. The rest of my body does not feel hot to the touch or to me. My HR and BP tend to go up (but since I stay hypotensive I'm talking only up to 115/75-120/80). Does this sound like MCAD flushing to anyone else? Just curious if my symptoms fit this problem and what your flushing episodes are like!

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: Explain Your flushing
Reply #1 - 09/07/12 at 19:03:16

Mine are similar.  My BP can go up or down, I get cheek and neck flushing with feelings of extreme heat there, in a mild episode, and a blotchy rash, not itchy, that lasts a short time on my upper chest.  I feel anxiety and sometimes have tachycardia when an episode is beginning and it subsides when the episode is over.  Sometimes there are GI symptoms as well.  Antihistamines taken quickly (esp. Benadryl) can stop a reaction before it gets really bad.

Joan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print