Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How much vit. D do you take? (Read 2477 times)
PamH
Mentor

Indianapolis, IN USA
How much vit. D do you take?
08/24/12 at 06:25:02

Many of us have low vit. D  
How much do you take?

I have been on a 2000mg supplement for several years.  After I got sick I was unable to take them.  During this time my gp did blood work and prescribed me 50,000 mg a day for like 10 days... so it must have been super low.  I took one of those and my face swelled up. So I didn't take those either.
 I have been able to add my 2000mg back in!!!!  Yea!
Thanks Pam

Pam

IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Re: How much vit. D do you take?
Reply #1 - 08/24/12 at 07:51:14

I take 4,000iu per day.  Last time I had my vitamin D level measured (in February) it was in the low 40s Smiley

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

azmusiclover
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 08/24/12 at 13:56:47

When I had mine tested in May it was 22. I took the 50,000 for two months but it was hard on me. I am going to have them retest it when I go back on Monday, and see what they want me to do when it comes back. I'll be curious to see where it is.

Glad that you were able to get your 2000 back on board! I'm wondering if I will have to rotate my medicine or take breaks from it so that I don't build up sensitivity. I have had it happen with several medications now.

Becca

IP Logged

TallBird
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 08/24/12 at 16:32:50

Mine tested deficient at 24 so I am now taking 20,000 Vitamin D supplements three times per week.  Seem to tolerate it well.

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #4 - 08/24/12 at 18:58:51

Somebody posted that her level started to go up after she switched from pill form to a liquid vit. D.  Can't remember who wrote that.

My bone doctor prescribed 5000/day.  Mine was around 40 after 6 months, but up quite a bit from the initial level.

Joan

IP Logged

nevermiss
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 08/25/12 at 05:25:58

I take 5000 a day.  My last test had my Vitamin D at 55.
My doctor told me to take CVS brand vitamins as they tested the truest to indicated dosage.  I was taking the same dosage of Vit D using Whole Foods brand and did not have this level of vit d until I did switch to CVS's vitamin d 5000 softgels.

IP Logged

PamH
Mentor

Indianapolis, IN USA
Reply #6 - 08/25/12 at 08:49:09

Becca,
I read that you have developed sensitivities to some meds.  I have had this happen to my atarax!!  It WAS my emergency med, now it causes the emergency!!  I went off it a couple of months ago and tried it again the other night.  Still a problem. So I have started rotating my evening meds.  Not sure if is going to help or not.

Thanks everyone for the input on the vit.D, good to know!

Pam

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print