Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Zaditen Dosage Question (Read 3214 times)
Guantai
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Zaditen Dosage Question
08/08/12 at 01:55:01

Hi

I am recently diagnosed with MCAS.  My allergist has prescribed Zaditen 4mg to be taken three times a day.  From what I have read that seem to be a high dosage but I am not sure.  I have read that the usual dose is 1 to 4mg twice a day.  Can anyone comment on what they are taking?

Thanks.

IP Logged

mikev
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!
st louis, mo
Re: Zaditen Dosage Question
Reply #1 - 08/08/12 at 10:30:56

Guantai:
I know Lisa takes a lot, but the pharmacist in Washington state that I get it from recommends 3 1mg/day & that you build up to that. With me it made me very tired when mixed with zrytec, which I changed
to allegra & works better, not near as tired.
MikeV

IP Logged

Guantai
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 08/08/12 at 11:11:38

Thanks Mike.  I spoke to the pharmacist at the compounding pharmacy that prepared it but he had no idea - said he has never seen this before.

IP Logged

frugalmama
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 08/09/12 at 19:29:35

I started at 1mg 2x per day, and then 2 mg, and now I'm at 3mg 2x per day.  The goal is to be up to 4mg in the next couple of weeks - my immunologist said some people just need that higher dose. I would think that jumping right to the 4mg might be a little hard to tolerate, but I guess it depends on how impacted you are by meds Smiley

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #4 - 08/09/12 at 20:06:25

I started at 1 mg twice daily for a week then if not too sedated and symptoms not controlled, up to 2 mg twice daily.

Recently tapered down as they're d/cing the brand I take and hoping can get off, but might need to go up higher than the dose I was on in the future just taking it one step at a time

IP Logged

frugalmama
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 08/10/12 at 11:02:18

I just wanted to add that I didn't find any sedating effect from the 2 mg, but since I started the 3mg I can barely walk for hours after I take it because I'm so woozy....I think tapering up might be the safest thing to do, and make sure not to drive, etc. until you know how it will effect you Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print