Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hair Loss? Leg Pain? (Read 3260 times)
Tristessa
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Hair Loss? Leg Pain?
08/02/12 at 02:39:30

Do any of you have hair loss that seems abnormal?  I have been having shedding hair for a couple of years now.  At first I thought it was just hormones and postpartum related since I had a baby in Oct 2010.  The hair loss hasn't improved at all but I am not bald.  My hair is just a bit thinner than before.

Another symptom I get that may or may not be related to mast cell issues is excruciating leg pain down at the bone.  This is not a muscular pain at all.  It radiates from the bone and/or nerves.  It does seem related to how much I am up on my feet.  I do get blood pooling due to POTS but still wonder if this may have anything to do with mast cells as well.  My 4 year old son also gets this leg pain but doesn't have POTS.

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Re: Hair Loss? Leg Pain?
Reply #1 - 08/03/12 at 13:57:10

Hi Tristessa,

First of all let me welcome you to the site!  I hope we can help you find some answers.  I'm sorry to see you've named yourself Tristessa, which I do hope someday you will change to a happier moniker.

As to the bone pain and hair loss.  Yes, some masto patients do experience hair loss, but why, I don't know.  

As to the bone pain, this should be taken seriously since mastocytosis causes bone issues.  And even with MCAS there is also bone involvement, so you should see a good orthopedist and have your son gone over by him as well since masto is now being known to run in families.

I hope this helps!

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print