Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
I need new friends... (Read 10182 times)
DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Re: I need new friends...
Reply #15 - 08/14/12 at 09:00:59

I think I have simply changed my expectations, because you are completely right in that once you get sick, then you really discover your true friends. I got some lovely surprises myself when I first got ill, and sadly for those friends, once you have disappointed me, your status in my friend log has changed and there is no changing it back. LOL (Not that I hold a grudge...I just never forget. Haaa)

At this point, I tend to have different categories for my friends: those who are fun to do stuff with but whom I know I could never depend upon and those who are my true friends. I can think of 2 people whom I would list in the latter category. Everyone else is in the first one because unfortunately most people are just too self centered to think about someone other than themselves. Sad to say that I have becone so cynical...and I do have a lot of friends. However, as I said, only 2 make the cut for me as true friends! By changing my expectations of the others, they can't disappoint me because I never expect anything more from them.

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print