Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dr. Blair Grubb (Read 5344 times)
goldielove
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Dr. Blair Grubb
04/16/12 at 13:30:00

I have the hyperadnergic type of pots associated with MCAS. I went too see DR. Grubb he will tell you in his own words he is not by any means a mast cell expert he is a dysautonomia expert. I would not recommend anyone seeing him unless you have dysautonomia /pots , his recommendations for me after a years wait , he has over a years wait too see him for your first visit . He recommened I increase my antihistamines which I already knew from this wonderful forum and too start baby asa once a day, he also wanted to try me on a low dose of steroid each day. I have not done the baby asa as I feel such a low dose will not help with the inflammation and I do not want my already horrible tinnitus too get any worse, and I am on so many meds now that I felt I had enough. I also did not start on steroids as that was turned down by my mast cell MD. Ok just my thoughts He is a wonderful wonderful man and DR for pots I absolutly thought he was one of the best Dr's I have seen in kindness and compassion and knowledge about POTS, but only about that and he also states even in his video he has just a very few patients with pots and hyperadnergic type of pots ok my two cents. As far as Vanderbilt I think I have been all over when I was so sick I had too keep trying too find out what was wrong with me I would not give up Vanderbilt was a total waste of time for me as far as my dysautonomia and even though I mentioned flushing numerous times they never stated anything about a mast cell problem . UGH

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Re: Dr. Blair Grubb
Reply #1 - 04/16/12 at 13:54:43

Very interesting. Thank you for sharing

IP Logged

PepperPOTS
Tutor

Oklahoma
Reply #2 - 05/31/12 at 14:06:22

goldielove, thank you for sharing this information. I also have hyperadrenergic POTS, which was diagnosed at Mayo - Rochester.

While there, I inquired about the flushing episodes I was having and was flushing at the time of my neurology consult and was told by the neurologist that it appeared to be a "mild case of rosacea" (what?!?) and testing for MC issues was never mentioned as an option. Sounds similar to your Vandy experience.

IP Logged

kimtg68
Guru

Alabama
Reply #3 - 05/31/12 at 16:57:42

I saw two different Vanderbilt doctors (gatroentetologist and rheumatologist) and neither suggested a mast cell issue or POTS. There are many, many good doctors who just aren't familiar enough with either disorder. But then I saw an allergist at Vanderbilt, Dr Fahrenholz, who has several MCAS/Mastocytosis patients. He spent a couple hours talking with me. He seems knowlegable on both and is sending me to the Autonomic clinic for POTS testing. So although my first two experiences at Vanderbilt were flops I think I finally got a good one on my third try.

IP Logged

Futurehope
Mentor

Clermont, Florida
Reply #4 - 06/04/12 at 12:49:27

Goldielove,

Who did you go to to get diagnosed for your MCAS?

IP Logged

goldielove
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 07/07/12 at 12:41:03

I went too dr afrin for my original diagnosis but did get a second opinion from dr castells

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print