Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Visit YaBB today Wink
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
question about flushing (Read 3795 times)
angelloz
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

question about flushing
03/15/12 at 11:46:08

I have a question about flushing and what it feels like to others. On a few occasions my cheeks and chest have turned red ,however more often than not I fell blazing hot all over. I rarely sweat, but sometimes I do sweat. I have been checked once for carcinoid. I can get these sensations at any time but often it hits upon awakening...even during the night, sometimes a few moments after my head hits the pillow. I can also got from cold to hot very quickly. Sometimes my heart seems to race too but not always...does anyone else have any of these type issues. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to read these questions and responds. It helps so much! Angelloz

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Re: question about flushing
Reply #1 - 03/15/12 at 11:52:52

Yep I experience exactly that multiple times a day. Worse if exposed to triggers

IP Logged

Enko
Guiding Light

Reply #2 - 03/15/12 at 12:40:26

Hi Angelloz!

I have the same problems, but my cheeks are usually spared from the flushing Smiley

你会说汉语吗?

IP Logged

PJP123
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 03/20/12 at 04:39:56

Yes I get this all the time.  I have to watch what I eat (no salycylates, dyes, msg, sulfates).  I've had it for 20+ years and just lived with it, not knowing I had mast cell disease issues.

You may have food allergies.  I got much better once I found out I was allergic to hazelnut and was drinking it everyday in my coffee creamer.

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #4 - 03/20/12 at 05:35:19

Hi Angel,

Do your episodes respond to additional H1 and/or H2 antihistamines?

Joan

IP Logged

angelloz
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 03/20/12 at 05:42:05

Thanks to all...to answer the question from Joan, it does seem to happen much less during the day when I up my antihistamines....but it almost always hits after I am suppine and upon awakening. If I wake up in the night to use the restroom or just wake up..the heat strikes. About 2 minutes after I lie down...heat..?????

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #6 - 03/20/12 at 06:19:08

That is a normal Masto/MCAS reaction. You need to be on either a higher dose of your med or add something. I used to have the burning feeling all over all the time. Singulair once a day got rid of it. What are you taking and are there any meds you cannot take?

I responded beautifully to the singulair.  I no longer have the burning hot feeling anymore.

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

mikev
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!
st louis, mo
Reply #7 - 03/20/12 at 09:54:03

angelloz:
my feet flush daily & have skin sensivity issues. I  literally can tell
the difference in temp from like 70 to 75. Unlike Deb, my normal
meds didn't help at all. The only that has helped is a mast cell stabilizer like ketitofen or gastrocrom.
mikev

IP Logged

angelloz
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - 03/21/12 at 10:20:31

Thanks to all, to answer the question about medicines I take Claritin and zertec daily. I have tried sodium cromolyn , ketotifen and singular which ended with severe migraines. I start slowly but after reading some posts I think I need to try these again and begin even more slowly. Maybe slow and steady wins the race...my migraines cause vomiting for days on end even with zofran so I do get nervous about anything that increases these awful headaches. Probably misspelled all those medicines but feeling a bit foggy today Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print