Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My Lifetime of Symptoms (Read 1840 times)
Charee
Rookie

Someday things will get
better!?!
Maple Valley, WA
My Lifetime of Symptoms
03/04/12 at 13:33:59

I am sick and in bed, so I have been thinking about things. I am realizing how many symptoms I have had throughout my life.

First of all I have always had a ruddy complexion, and my face would flush very red and hot. Then I can't take hot baths or showers(which I love) without getting very dizzy and nauseous. I have had tinnitus frequently throughout my life, terrible migraine headaches, fatigue, TMJ, hyperflexability, dermagraphia, IBS, a degenerative disc, adrenal insufficiency, repeated sinus infections, GERD, unexplained abdominal tenderness, stomachache and nausea. When I would get a cold or the flu it would put me out for a month. I also would have days where I would have such severe need to sleep that I would pass out for days at a time.

Since getting a fibromyalgia diagnosis 10 years ago I just chalked it all  up to that. I would rarely go to the doctor as I felt there was no "cure".

Though I know a coincidence is just a coincidence, with all these symptoms, have I had this for a long time before the hives and anaphylaxis showed up 9 months ago?

I just asked my 16yr old daughter's pediatrician to do a Serum Trypase on her because she has suffered debilitating migraines since she was 11. I have read that MC disease is hereditary, is this true?

Thanks for listening,
Charee:0)

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Re: My Lifetime of Symptoms
Reply #1 - 03/04/12 at 16:46:24

Sorry that you are sick in bed Charee

I too used to flush easily, and started getting tinnitus a year ago, have TMJ subluxations, hypermobility, dermatographism (used to be mild), and lots of crampy abdo pain, I used to like getting lots of sleep but was always able to manage without much

None of these symptoms were out of control until after the anaphylaxis. Now my dermatographism is insane, food/smell sensitivity etc and it's tough to lead much of a normal existence

I seem to recall coming across a paper that mentioned that many FM patients once tested actually had mast cell issues but don't quote me on it.

Some places have suggested a hereditary component. For me, my sister has it and there's a long history of hypermobility and allergies

I thankfully don't get migraines.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print