Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Yeast Infection vs Allergic Reaction HELP!!! (Read 1688 times)
Charee
Rookie

Someday things will get
better!?!
Maple Valley, WA
Yeast Infection vs Allergic Reaction HELP!!!
03/01/12 at 13:23:17

Hi Everyone,
I am a newbie with a very delicate problem. Huh I have what I thought was a yeast infection, but after treating it for a couple of days with over the counter meds it only got more swollen and painful. I also noticed a hive on my buttocks. All this while I am on 30mg of Prednisone.
So I went to my primary care doctor who said he thought it was yeast and did some test and gave me some Diflucan.
As well as this problem I have also been flushing almost constantly all day and I am having tinnitus.
Has anyone ever had a reaction like this, to cleansers or something?
I am completely on my own it seems, as my primary care doctor is completely clueless when it comes to MCAD.
Does anyone know if Diflucan is ok to take with MCAD?
Thanks guys,
I will send an introduction when I feel better
Charee

IP Logged

PJP123
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Yeast Infection vs Allergic Reaction HELP!!!
Reply #1 - 03/04/12 at 03:11:38

I can't answer your question about Diflucan but this brought to mind my 11 year old daughter complains of this type problem and is always flushed in the face.  For a month or two I thought she may be walking around with a strep infection but she tested negative.  I began giving her probiotics "Allay" and she says she thinks that helps.  Also pediatrician gave her yeast inf. med. and that didn't help her.  I'm thinking it's diet related = allergic.  She tested neg. to all the normal stuff though.

IP Logged

Avonlea
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Yeast Infection vs Allergic Reaction HELP!!!
Reply #2 - 03/04/12 at 03:26:28

Did they do a culture to determine if it was BV - on the opposite end of the spectrum to yeast?  Infections make me flare.  My doctor recommends probiotics called Gynatren for BV, as she says antibiotics often make BV come back and give us yeast infections.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print