Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
No fatigue (Read 3212 times)
angelloz
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

No fatigue
02/02/12 at 10:04:11

Hello everyone , I have a symptom question. One of the oddest things about my illness is I don't feel sleepy. I know my body is worn out and I may be weak but not sleepy. Before my illness I would go to bed earlier than my husband and he would always tease me. I needed 9 hours or so a night. I often fell wired and nervous. It's a bit better than in the beginning. In my past if I took a benedryl  it would put me out and I could barely wake up. Now nothing. This problem I believe has also caused my weight loss. Is this the dysautonomia part of my illness? I would so love to feel normal. Has anyone out there had any issues like this?

IP Logged

Mousse
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
Georgia
Re: No fatigue
Reply #1 - 02/02/12 at 11:00:39

I think the medications that help us can also make us wired, even some of the "sedating" ones do this to me. I use to need alot more sleep than I am getting now. What meds. are you taking and when?

IP Logged

angelloz
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 02/02/12 at 11:25:20

Thanks for your reply. Right now I am taking allegra and claritin morning and zyrtec evening. But the really hyper and anxiousness began long before I started taking the antihistamines. First issues were breathing problems ,nausea, feeling nervous , insomnia, weight loss, heart racing, dizzy, blood pressure problems, cold hands, neck and head pain, head crackling sounds, swollen lymph nodes... Sad  so scary and sudden. Thanks for listening. It can be so hard and I hate to put it all on my husband. I know this is hard for him too. We don't eat out, go to movies etc... I'm not the same.

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #3 - 02/02/12 at 19:35:41

I can't remember all the details of your history, but here are a few thoughts....

Not sleeping can be a vicious cycle and can cause you to have more symptoms.  You could ask your doctor for something to take to help you feel sleepy at night.  I do that many nights, and it does help.

It could be adrenalin from constant triggering or your anxiety over your symptoms (something I think we've all experienced) or the mediators being let loose in your system by the mast cells.

I don't see an H2 antihistamine in your list of meds, such as Zantac or Pepcid.  I don't know who your doctor is, but you might want to talk with him/her to see if one of those would help you be more stable.  Most people take 1 or 2 Zantac (150 mg.), twice a day, or 20 mg. Pepcid in addition to the H1 antihistamines.  If you're having break-through symptoms during the day, ask your doctor if you can take an extra H1 antihistamine.

The stress of all those symptoms can be a circular problem.  More symptoms cause  more stress, then more stress causes more symptoms.  Maybe a short-term anti-anxiety might help.

When you're on enough meds, you're symptoms will lessen and you'll feel up to going out.

Joan

IP Logged

Mousse
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
Georgia
Reply #4 - 02/03/12 at 00:22:47

This is hard on a marriage. It limits alot of activities but I know I am looking at the things we can do much differently. We are finding different ways to spend time together. I hope you will be able to find some new ways to be together too. My husband and I are much closer than we have been because of this. I do mourn our old life but I have been trying very hard to get past it. I feel for all of us because we have all had to let a part of our old self go.
« Last Edit: 02/03/12 at 08:13:46 by Mousse »  

IP Logged

angelloz
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 02/03/12 at 10:10:27

Thanks to all!  Great ideas and things to try. I will forge ahead!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print