Send Topic Print
Albuterol & Hives (Read 1861 times)
iamnotalone
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Albuterol & Hives
01/21/12 at 16:29:08

So;
I was thinking back to when "it" all began...
Winter of 2010 I began to get chronic hives. They were severe,& lasted over 8 months-during which time my former allergist kept telling me "we have to get rid of these, so we can get you started on allergy shots". Chronic Urticaria?
Anyway, over that time many things came to light as triggers (never knew for sure what started it). One of which was Albuterol. I had been able to use a nebulizer, and inhalers for my asthma for years with no trouble: BUT, when I had the chronic hives, albuterol would trigger them terribly !
Since Ive been diagnosed with the TMEP, I can still use my nebulizer, but then Im on the histamine blockers now so...
Just wondered if anyone else had similar reactions & had figured out the connection. My current allergist seemed to have no clue...
curious,
lori

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Re: Albuterol & Hives
Reply #1 - 01/21/12 at 19:37:32

I don't have specific experience with albuterol. But a reaction to any medication or additive to medication is possible. So, I would stick to your guns and what you think are your triggers and avoid them

If you want to try it again use a small amount, have your meds and epi on stand-by and don't be alone Cool Tongue

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print