Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Drugs, etc other than anti-histamines (Read 1956 times)
MastoGem
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Drugs, etc other than anti-histamines
01/05/12 at 03:57:34

I'd read in one of Joan's posts awhile back that anyway your body was out of would make the mast cell activation worse including estrogen dominance.  That got me thinking...

I started progesterone cream for estogen dominance and I just want to pass along that it's been helpful. (I'm 41) I've also started Sermorelin (which stimulates HGH).  So far I haven't had any problems but it hasn't had enough time to give me any benefits.  I'm taking the sermorelin to try to regenerate my thyroid; help heal my adrenals; allergies; and stregthen my body in general.  I understand it's a little risky because it's a cell multipler and immune system stregthener but so far I'm fine and I think it could be really helpful.

Lastly, I've gotten a Spectrocell analysis of the nutritients in my blood.  I was really low on the B complex vitamins.  Apparantly most people with auto immune problems are.  Anyway, I think that part of my shortness of breath issue was a B12 deficiency and part of it was a hormonal embalance (and of course the mast cell wild card).

I'm having vitamins formulate specifically for me and would wecome any feedback on that if you have any ideas.  

Hope everyone is feeling great today.  Fyi - I'm still off all anti-histamines.

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." — EKR

IP Logged

iamnotalone
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Drugs, etc other than anti-histamines
Reply #1 - 01/05/12 at 05:14:41

WOW;
You're off all antihistamines & doin okay? Thats hopeful!
I have started taking coconut oil after reading up on its benefits-which include helping thyroid and adrenal glands, and immune system.(MSU studies,etc) So I put 2-3 T in my tea every day.Also supposed to help liver burn fat twice as fast- so we'll see... I guess we're just guinea pigs, but if it doesnt trigger, its worth a try. I also feel better with a sublingual B-12 daily. Good luck with your progesterone- Hormonal issues can be a real pain by themselves ! Inhaled steroids really tyake a toll on our immune systems (i have asthma) so Ive been taking vitamin C,& Zinc to fight flu and cold. Seems to be helping.
Dont know if any of this was helpful, but hope so;
lori Smiley

IP Logged

MastoGem
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Drugs, etc other than anti-histamines
Reply #2 - 01/05/12 at 08:18:54

Yes, I feel pretty good most of the time. Smiley  I'm very happy about it! I just found that taking the anti histmines made me need to take more and more of the anti histamines as they dehydrated me more and more regardless of how much Smartwater I drank.

And the darn Singulair was making me super bloated along with dehydrating me and helping me pack on the pounds too just like the anti histamines, which makes sense to me.  I'm not saying that anyone should go off there meds, but I'm very happy that what I'm doing has so far been working better for me than all those drugs.

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." — EKR

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print