Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Natural medicine for the skin - Baking soda and Jojoba oil (Read 4758 times)
phyre
Tutor

Keep believing it can
get better.
Denver, CO
Natural medicine for the skin - Baking soda and Jojoba oil
12/16/11 at 06:48:36

I wanted to share a natural medicine that I found while I searched for help/before I was diagnosed with cutaneous mastocytosis.  I had rashes on and off for two years, and then I got a full body rash.  I could not stop myself from scratching until I bled and bruised.  I tried everything.  I went to three doctors.  They gave me creams that made me worse.  Finally I realized that I was reacting to petroleum.  Almost all skin creams and lotions have petroteum in them, and almost all women's clothes have polyester in them.  I started wearing all cotton and I started bathing with baking soda and Jojoba oil mixed into a paste.  

Baking soda nuetralizes/alkalizes the skin naturally.  Jojoba oil is a naturally antibacterial, and it really helps make the welts go away while keeping the skin mosterized.  When I feel a breakout coming, I put some on my skin after a shower.  Scratching causes me to rub the baking soda deeper into my skin.  The rash usually improves by the next day.  

When masto was really active, I had to go on Prednisone, H1 and H2  antihystamines to calm the rash down so that the rash could go away completely.  

Oh!  Diaper rash cream with zinc oxide helps too.   Grin  There are other creams with zinc oxide in them, but diaper rash cream does not seem to have any petroleum in it.  The zinc oxide is really good for your skin, but it does make you smell like a diaper!  I used it at night and took a shower in the morning.  Smelling like a diaper was better than scratching pieces of skin off your body.   Cheesy

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: Natural medicine for the skin - Baking soda and Jojoba oil
Reply #1 - 12/16/11 at 15:59:41

I'll try some.  Thanks.

Joan

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!