Send Topic Print
Work party (Read 4193 times)
missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Work party
12/12/11 at 10:32:21

So this past saturday I was getting ready for my husband work holiday party and the flushing started and I was getting so hot and the headache was coming on, I took extra meds twice. I'm finding that the stress of appointments or having to do something out of the normal routine sets me off. I didn't really feel that stressed but I guess internally I did. I had to have the window in the truck down for 20 minutes in 30 degree weather to cool off. Anyone else found that similar situation trigger them? I guess I need to be more aware of my feelings or stress and get ready more ahead of time.
Melissa

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Re: Work party
Reply #1 - 12/12/11 at 12:05:53

Oh hey sure Melissa, this one is a giveaway!!   DOCTORS!!   Especially NEW doctors and even more so if they are MALE!!    I had such a hard time in the beginning because of my hysterectomy and the general male ignorance that a woman can´t have a hysterectomy without going into coniptions that I got traumatized by them and anxious and I´ve given several shows to doctors due to this very reason!

You´ve got to find a means of combating these feelings Melissa.  But again, your meds are not strong enough, you´re not stable enough which is why you trigger so easily.  When you meds are up to speed, this will improve and you will not have so many of these issues and then you will gain confidence and that will improve this as well.

Lisa

Don´t forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #2 - 12/12/11 at 13:06:46

Oh this happens to me for sure! It's controlled by keeping your emotions at an even level and making sure your day is very quiet otherwise. I actually just called my husband to tell him that I am not joining him at his work holiday party, going on right now! I just feel a bit unwell mast cell wise AND I seem to have picked up a virus, so I feel really unwell in that manner. The combo of the 2 make me know that going to his dinner party will push me over the edge into triggering majorly. So, I cut the party out and I am lying down instead. Prevention is the key, even if it means missing something.

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Reply #3 - 12/12/11 at 17:17:10

Lisa- Oh doctor appointments for sure. I always flush in appointments. In fact last appointment I had with my allergist he said to me it sounds like you are having a hard time breathing or catching your breath and I said ya.....it's nerves I guess, I always get nervous during doctor appointments. I think it comes from so many experiences where doctors made me feel like I was crazy and there was nothing wrong. One thing I have learned is that on a day where I have an appointment or a function to attend....I do not plan anything else not even grocery shopping. It's the way it has to be or I get to stressed or lose track of time and try to get to much done and run out of time. Glad to know I'm not the only one. I wish there was something I could take to calm my nerves without getting sleepy. I was looking into GABA supplements, I really don't think I can get a doctor to prescribe me valuim.
Melissa

IP Logged

shabrans
Tutor

Reply #4 - 12/13/11 at 11:53:07

I find I have problems with this anytime I go out-mainly because I havent gone out much and so still fear some triggers. I find I do much better if I take an ativan and a benadryl before iIgo. I do think that as I stabilize more I can cut back on this some

IP Logged

caormiston
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 12/13/11 at 14:51:14

Sometimes I think just the stress of the Holiday season can set me off - flushing, terrible stomach problems, headaches, joint and bone pain.  I'm by myself now in a new city trying to get our new place (new to us) ready for family to come for extended visits, and I find myself really exhausted.  I'm not sure if it is a combo of my TMEP and othe skin problems or just TMEP, but my scalp has terrible hives that have decided to bleed - ugh, how attractive!  Weird what our bodies do under stress.  Perhaps I should just concentrate on all the good things there are in this world - like this forum!

Candace

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #6 - 12/14/11 at 18:51:37

missybean almost everytime I read your posts, I feel like I could've wrote them.  I've used ativan/valium for the anxiety of reactions and it has helped majorly. Best not to use it frequently though as it's addictive and you develop a tolerance.

ANY stress makes me flush, so for sure a party. I haven't sorted out my meds, can barely leave the house so I'm not at the partying stage, but the house I'm living in has cleaners coming Friday and I'm so nervous about the smells etc that I already seem to flush more easily. When I flush easily I also find I get more emotional. Vicious cycle.

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Reply #7 - 12/15/11 at 05:33:50

Candace! Your poor head! Can I help you with anything? Did you call Dr. Fowler? They better work you in asap. Ask for some prenisone to get you through the holidays.
Melissa

IP Logged

goldielove
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - 12/18/11 at 14:37:29

WOw this is a big one for me anything out of the ordinary gets me sick. I just came back from my son's college graduation, its very sad for me as I could not sit through the banquet as it had horrible food smells and very cramped quarters I felt as though the room was closing in on me I had too leave, I felt horrible for my son. Then too top it off I lost my car his campus is hugh and I only had been there once and it was late at night could not find anyone around and could not find the garage I parked in, I just broke down and started shaking and crying very unlike my old independent self I have so changed since I got this disease. Your not alone I agree any Dr' appts make me flush and sick its amazing how we all react too these things and before I never had any of these problems. I am upping my meds very slowly but finding it hard too do it seems.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print