Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Visit YaBB today Wink
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How too increase your medications (Read 1225 times)
goldielove
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

How too increase your medications
12/06/11 at 12:55:35

I have been informed that I should increase my histamine blockers, I am on zantac 150 twice a day every time I try too take more I seem too get inflammed meaning my body seems too be responding too the medication and I am on fire. I also have too increase my zrytec I am so scared too increase anything as my body is so sensitive too any changes in my meds including my histamine blockers. Also I was told by my Dr too start one baby asprin a day but I have heard it can cause your mast cells too behave badly anyone on this forum taking a baby asprin a day, the reason I was told this is I seem too have chronic high CRP's in my blood I guess from what I was told from the misbehaving mast cells. And is anyone on a therapy that you take high doses of asprin and has it helped????? Ok thanks for any advice

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: How too increase your medications
Reply #1 - 12/06/11 at 16:21:29

There are many MC patients who take aspirin and get relief from it.  Some research has shown that it can help a lot for those who can take it.

As for increasing meds, you have a couple of choices.  You can try adding very slowly, e.g., if a pill can be split, start by adding just a small amount.  you can do this if it doesn't have an enteric coating that keeps it from disintegrating until it's in the intestines, and if it's not time-released.   You can call the company or a pharmacist to ask.

Have you tried taking 3 doses, 8 hours apart?  Sometimes a double dose is too harsh taken at one time, but tolerable if taken hours apart. For many of us, meds don't seem to last the full 12 hours, so closer dosing is better.

Or, you can try to add a different medicine in the same class.  Do check these options with your doctor first, though.

Joan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print