Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Visit YaBB today Wink
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New to this and hoping for support (Read 1355 times)
Mousse
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
Georgia
New to this and hoping for support
12/02/11 at 05:42:01

I have recently (several months) been having health issues that have been unable to be diagnosed by several Dr. After reading the posts by so many of you I realize I am not alone. My symptoms are food intolerances to the point of dramatic weight loss, skin issues (rash-bilateral on legs) facial flushing, tachycardia, headaches and major bone-joint pain. I also have many chemical sensitivities  I have had  many blood tests done including typtase (which was normal) and am wondering where to go from here. I am a 46 year old mom of one son and two dogs. I live in the Atlanta area and have found not competent Dr.'s here. I have an appt. with Dr. Schwartz in VA in two weeks and need to know what I should try to have done before I see him. I know compared to many of you I have been dealing with this for a very short time but I am so tired and frustrated @ this point. I truly appreciate any advice. Thanking you all from the bottom of my heart.

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Re: New to this and hoping for support
Reply #1 - 12/02/11 at 22:03:21

Hi Mousse,

I´m sorry, but there are not any good doctors in Atlanta that anyone is aware of.  The closest to you is Dr. Lawrence Afrin in South Carolina.  Dr. Schwartz is the next closest to you.    Dr. Schwartz is an authority in masto and he knows it well.  He should be able to help you without any difficulty.   Finding a local doctor is a matter of not giving up!   I just found a wonderful endocrinologist in my small town who wants to be my caretaker and although she´s not a single clue as to masto, she´s willing to learn.  This is often what we face.  

Mousse, go see Dr. Schwartz and worry about a doctor who knows masto for afterwards.  Get a diagnosis first!  Then finding a doctor who is interested is much easier afterwards because then those doctors don´t feel so burdened and RESPONSIBLE for doing the workup and they will take to you much more easily.

Let us know how things go witih Dr. Schwartz.  

Lisa

Don´t forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Mousse
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
Georgia
Re: New to this and hoping for support
Reply #2 - 12/03/11 at 01:01:21

Lisa,
Thank-you for replying. Right now I'm having a hard time making it day to day. The trip to VA seems daunting. My symptoms change daily and sometimes and it like there is no connection to anything. I'm just very tired. Are there any tests you would try to have done before I go? Cindy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print