Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
New to site (Read 13174 times)
Susan
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: New to site
Reply #45 - 12/23/11 at 12:24:20

Lisa, I just saw what is going on! So sorry to hear it. I hope that things improve more over the next few days.

A friend and I were just talking about how common it is for something drastic to happen around the holidays. You've got the right attitude. It does no good to get worried about what you can't do. you just take care of whatever you can.

Susan

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ Chronic neurological infections
Diagnosed with Mastocytosis August 2011

IP Logged

juju
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #46 - 12/27/11 at 09:20:49

Lisa, So sorry to hear how sick you have been.  I have been well myself however my whole family is down with the flu and strep.
Thank you so much for taking the time to send me the information for Dr. Greenberger and Dr. Schwartz.  I did call Dr. Schwartz office to see what I have to do as to get and appointment and am looking forwarward to hearing back from them.  I am going to write a letter to Dr. Greenberger and see what he has to say.  Take care of yourself !!!  I hope you feel better soon.  Thank you Again  Smiley Jodi

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #47 - 12/27/11 at 12:30:49

Just wanted to add my regards for Lisa also. Can't believe that you are going through that during Christmas. How HORRIBLE. You have a great attitude though, so hang in there!! Wink Shocked Roll Eyes

Thinking of and praying for you!

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #48 - 12/27/11 at 14:54:39

Thanks so much you all!!    I´m almost back to normal again!   This was my first experience at getting a virus since my masto came out of hiding and it really, really impressed me as to how hard it hit me.   My doctor said she´d never seen such a bad case.  We both suspect that this is due to the fact that my masto makes me immunocompromised and thus allowed it to hit me harder.  

This makes me think twice about vaccinations and now I can see why Dr. Castells and the other doctors encourage us to get the vaccinations.   I know this is a tricky subject for us all for we´ve got a lot of thoughts pros and cons regarding vaccines.   But now that I´ve been through a virus I can see that my body had a much harder time fighting back due to the fact that it´s already busy with the masto!  In having a vaccination, perhaps it won´t keep me 100% free, but if it reduces the intensity of the infection then it keeps my body from being overwhelmed.   Stomatitis is a virus infection that normally take about a week to overcome.   I was out for 3 full weeks and still am dealing with oral pain and now I´ve got a cyst on the inside of my mouth to have to deal with and will likely have to go for a 2nd round of antibiotics.  

So, this has been a real learning lesson for me in many ways and I´m so thankful that I´m on the other side of it now!   Gosh, I wouldn´t wish that kind of pain on my worst enemy!  It was INTENSE!   Hopefully, I´ve built up enough antibodies and will never have it again!!!

Thanks for your well wishes everybody!  It´s really nice to know that you all CARE!!!!

Hugs! Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

Lisa

Don´t forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #49 - 12/30/11 at 06:58:21

Sending HUGS to my poor Lisazilla,
Im so sorry youre going through all that still... This disease is so weird.. My immune system is going hyper drive 7 days a week.. so I rarily catch things that go around.. my problem is weak organs already affected by the masto  (bladder for example). Im starting my 8th or 9th round of antibiotics for a UTI today--same one since last January. They now give me 14 days worth.. I doubt this round will heal it either... who knows lol..

Lisa, I hope you took a low profile for Christmas and remember how very much we all love you!!! Let us know how you are.
Love ya
Ramona

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #50 - 12/31/11 at 01:38:55

Hey guys, can we transfer this discussion to a new post? The original poster's topic has been completely hijacked.... Sad

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print