Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Is this fibro or masto? (Read 8003 times)
Enko
Guiding Light

Re: Is this fibro or masto?
Reply #15 - 11/05/11 at 03:49:57

Mike,

I can feel the poking Smiley My neuro told me that I have exaggerated reflexes on my legs, especially it's noticeable on the knees (and always makes me laugh when she does the examination with that little.. hammer or whatever it is, I don't know the english word for it). Any thoughts on that?

你会说汉语吗?

IP Logged

mikev
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!
st louis, mo
Reply #16 - 11/06/11 at 06:44:41

enko:
good sign it's not neuropaty then. the knee thing sounds to me like
many just be real sensitive as I am. I think the key is the flushing.
flushing usually means masto although to tell you the truth I'm not
sure that there is any difference in pain level. From what I read people who neuropathy have lots of foot pain even when they are laying down. When I get off my feet they don't hurt as bad.  
Kim
I just take normal gastrocrom put it in a nasalocrom spray bottle & use it that way, like I said does seem to reduce flushing still questionalbe for pain.
MikeV

IP Logged

Susan
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #17 - 11/08/11 at 19:45:03

Hey Mike,

I was thinking about you the other day. I saw an allergist who told me that Ketotifen will stop the skin from expressing allergies, but that Gastrocrom will not. He was trying to talk me into switching meds so he can skin test me for allergies. He claims the testing will work if I am just taking Gastrocrom.

Have to admit, his telling me that made me even more determined to stay on the ketotifen. I know you had trouble with it, but I wondered if you would get the relief you need from the Gastrocrom if this doctor is right.

Glad it is helping some of your issue!

Susan

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ Chronic neurological infections
Diagnosed with Mastocytosis August 2011

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print