Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need derm rec: Allentown, PA, Phila, NYC (Read 2078 times)
Bfrey
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Need derm rec: Allentown, PA, Phila, NYC
10/26/11 at 08:26:35

I have a clinical dx of TMEP but biopsy was unclear.  I don't have much confidence in the dermatologist who did the bx.   Results state: "TMEP is a possibility, but the density of mast cells is less than tham typically encountered in TMEP and other inflammatory cells such as lymphocytes and eosinophils are more numerous.  Therefore, the differential diagnosis includes urticaria/dermal hypersensitivity reaction."  The dr. did not agree with the urticaria (hives) dx and neither do I; the spots are tiny, do not itch or move around.  She prescribed clobetasol which cleared the rash up in a few days; I have been off the cream for about 10 days and the rash is back.  I've had it for at least a year and no OTC creams cleared it up.  I am looking for a dermatologist who knows the proper way to do the biopsy.  Many thanks!
Bev

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Re: Need derm rec: Allentown, PA, Phila, NYC
Reply #1 - 10/29/11 at 02:54:36

Try doing this:   google TMEP, mastocytosis, dermatologist, university of pennsylvania or philidelphia and see what you get.  Often the doctors will publish case reports or their studies and this will result in finding out the names of these doctors.   You can then contact the university they are connected to and find out if they will see you.  This WORKS when you can't find someone who knows of someone.

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Bfrey
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Need derm rec: Allentown, PA, Phila, NYC
Reply #2 - 11/01/11 at 13:45:01

Thank you, Lisa.  I did try that search but did not come up with any specific dermatologists.  I made an appointment with a U. Penn Hospital dermatologist for the first week in December.  My local dermatologist gave me conflicting information and I wasn't comfortable with her.  Hopefully this new doctor will be of more help. His nurse assures me he is awesome and will do everything he can to help me.
Thanks again!
Bev

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print