Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Histamine Food Question (Read 2318 times)
kimtg68
Guru

Alabama
Histamine Food Question
10/24/11 at 16:47:52

Here's a question....If I cook something that has, let's say, beef and noodles in it. I package the left overs and put in the fridge. The next day I want to eat the left over but I know left over meats produce histamines and that's a NO NO! If I 'picked' the meat out and only ate the noodles would I be ok? Or can the meat release histamines into the noodles? Or is that just crazy and the histamines stay within the meat only? Any thoughts?

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: Histamine Food Question
Reply #1 - 10/25/11 at 18:43:36

It's hard to know how much histamine would be in the noodles from the meat juices.  Noodles don't freeze very well, in my experience, but freezing the leftovers would be safer, and I've done it before.  The noodles became softer after being frozen.

Joan

IP Logged

kimtg68
Guru

Alabama
Reply #2 - 10/26/11 at 03:19:22

Thanks Joan. I just wanted to throw that question out there since I'm reacting to SO much recently that even if I just simply ate the noodles I wouldn't know if a reaction came from it or not.

I appreciate your answer. Thanks again.

Kim

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #3 - 10/27/11 at 17:01:36

I know what you mean.  I always go back to a whole checklist of things that trigger me, and think about what could have been the source of the problem.  It's almost always stress or something(s) I ate or true allergies.

Joan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print