My Story (Read 2461 times)
GodIsLove
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

My Story
10/04/11 at 16:42:05

Hello Everyone
I am glad that I found this site so that I can learn more about mastocytic
enterocolitis and mastocytosis. I was diagnosed with mastocytic enterocolitis in June 2011. Was put on mega doses of antihistamines, chromolyn sodium, zantac. I already have acute asthma but am not allergic to anything. I also have severe GERD and I have had the Nissian Fundolipication surgery twice last one was Feb 2011. My symptoms are severe abdominal pain, massive headaches, severe diarrhea, dizziness, nausea, chronic weight loss, hair loss.

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: My Story
Reply #1 - 10/04/11 at 17:26:26

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry you're having such bad symptoms.  My GI doc says that it can take 12 weeks or more to get much relief of symptoms.  Are you taking 8 vials of gastrocrom/day?  Have you been tested for parasites?

Hope the meds begin to work better for you.  If not, do go back and tell your doc and ask for something else or additional!

Joan

IP Logged

GodIsLove
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 10/08/11 at 18:01:22

Thanks. Right now my biggest problem that I see is that I have had allergic reactions to the Gastrocomm and won't be able to take it anymore. These reactions were so severe that I almost had to us my Epi Pen. I go back to my allergist this week and hopefully he and my GI doctor will have some helpful information.  Smiley

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #3 - 10/29/11 at 01:40:47

Hello! How did your allergist appointment go?

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #4 - 10/29/11 at 02:32:37

If Gastrocrom isn't working then Ketotifen is the next step.  You need to be on an MC stabilizer.  You should also be taking something like omeprazol for the gastritis and reflux.  This is pretty common for most of us.  The problem is that there is too much gastric acid being released by the MCs.

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print