Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Visit YaBB today Wink
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How do I get ketitofen? (Read 2347 times)
missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
How do I get ketitofen?
08/16/11 at 06:26:15

I have heard good things about ketitofen. But I heard it is not available in the US. So how are some of you getting it?
Melissa

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Re: How do I get ketitofen?
Reply #1 - 08/16/11 at 07:31:00

I figured it out! I'm sooooooo stoked! I know ketotifen(spelling?) is not available commericially in pill form but I just found a sight that mentioned some compounding pharmacies in the US sell ketotifen under the name Zanditen. They will mail it to you too. The lady qouted me $45.00 for 100/1mg pills and I guess it is available in amples too don't know the price for that. If I heard the information correctly this is exciting news to me, my baby was screaming in the background so it was hard to hear. The pharmacies name is Clarks Compounding Pharmacy and they don't take insurance. But you can always see if your insurance will reimberse you as some do. You do need a prescription. I'm going to call my doctor today and see what he thinks, I'm hoping he will let me give it a try.
Here is the Pharmacy info

Clark's Compounding Pharmacy
15615 Bel-Red Rd
Bellvue, WA 98008

(425) 881-0222

1-800 480-3432

Melissa

IP Logged

larken
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 08/18/11 at 09:00:19

Great!  Glad you can get it there in the U.S.  I started with a tiny amount and worked my way up because I am so sensitive.

IP Logged

Susan
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 08/18/11 at 17:30:24

Melissa, glad you found Clark's! That is where I am getting my ketotifen capsules. I pay about $60 for 90 2 -mg capsules. I am taking 3 a day, and it has helped me a lot with my joint and muscle pain.

The pharmacist at Clark's takes ketotifen for some issues he has, and he was great about explaining how to take it and answering questions. I hope you get the rx soon!

Susan

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ Chronic neurological infections
Diagnosed with Mastocytosis August 2011

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Reply #4 - 08/19/11 at 04:49:39

Thanks Susan, my allergists nurse told me she talked to the pharmacist there and she said he was fabulous and very informative.
Melissa

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Reply #5 - 08/24/11 at 14:00:24

I got my Ketotifen yesterday! Took my first pill last night. I was expecting to feel really tired from it but I wasn't. Time will tell. It was $54.00 dollars for 120 1mg compounded capsules. The pharmacy sent a claims form to send my insurance for re-umbersment. If they cover 50% like they should this will be a cheaper option than the cromolyn. Fingers crossed.
Melissa

IP Logged

Susan
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - 08/24/11 at 15:24:45

Glad to hear you got it! Last time I got an order, I asked for 3 months worth. They gave me a discount for ordering the larger number at one time, plus shipping isn't any more, so it saves a little in the long run.

I didn't notice any fatigue when first taking it, but after increasing the dose and taking it for a couple weeks, I did have a period where I was really tired. I don't know if it was the ketotifen, and something else, but that is no longer a problem.

Hope you get some relief!

Susan

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ Chronic neurological infections
Diagnosed with Mastocytosis August 2011

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print