Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Visit YaBB today Wink
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
TERRIBLY SUPER SENSITIVE -- STRESS ANAPHYLAXIS (Read 15974 times)
Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Re: TERRIBLY SUPER SENSITIVE -- STRESS ANAPHYLAXIS
Reply #15 - 08/29/11 at 09:09:37

Hi Lisazilla!!
I missed you soooo much Smiley Im sorry you were suffering with the shock reactions... I was worried you were fighting it. Im so happy though that your DR got smart and cancelled that next exam with contrast.. I was not happy about that--I want you safe!  I hope your computer is better and that you have the option of replacing it soon if you want. Im just glad we have you back again and you are ok Smiley
love you muches
Ramona

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

mikev
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!
st louis, mo
Reply #16 - 08/30/11 at 04:53:26

Lisa:
Welcome back, hope you are doing better. Just a note I'm a leaker & when having more than usual symptoms & I'm driving I've had a few times that I get very drowsy like I'm going to pass out. I've learned to not fight it. If I'm by myself I pull over somewhere till it passes or if I'm with my wife I pull over & let her drive. She now watches me closely when we are driving. So the passing out thing not just for the shockers out there. I wish I could take my blood pressure at that time, I'd bet it's super low.
MikeV

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #17 - 08/30/11 at 13:56:08

Hey Mike, without a doubt, itīs SUPER low!!!   That feeling of exhausting and sleepiness is HORRENDOUS and it really can be almost impossible to fight off.  For me, if I lie down at a moment when Iīm feeling like that I will immediately slip into syncope!!!   The ONLY thing Iīve found which helps is to hit hard with the antihistamines, but I have a feeling that if I had an epi-pen at this time, that this would turn it right around!    Yet, without a doctor who knew what he was seeing and who could tell you what was going on right then, itīs hard to know if the Epi would do you good or do you harm and so Iīd hesitate.   But I have a couple of times taken my pressure at this time and sure enough, itīs on the low side!

Mike and Mona, thanks for the warm hugs!!   Iīve missed being here for I know that Iīm amongst FRIENDS and people who FULLY understand what I go through!   So, thanks again my friends!!  Itīs good to be back!!
Kiss

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #18 - 08/30/11 at 13:58:31

Now, Mona, Dear, Iīm going to turn this back on you..... WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO SEE THE NEW DOCTOR YOU WERE TELLING US ABOUT????   Here I've been waiting for OUR appointment!   When is he going to see you FINALLY????

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #19 - 08/30/11 at 16:58:07

Lisa,

I posted a "welcome back" the other day, but it didn't post!  You'd been on my mind, and I was hoping it was just busy-ness and not a flare causing you to be gone.  So glad you're feeling better!  

I think my computer is on it's last leg and needs to be replaced, too.

Joan

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #20 - 09/01/11 at 13:50:19

Thanks Joanie!!   It's been a really HECTIC month of August!!!  Not just being sick due to all the reactions that triggered me, but also my work has been just CRAZY and keeping me super busy and I don't see any letup any time soon!!!  

Well, I guess it makes up for being free from almost all responsibilities while I was recuperating from my open heart surgery last year!   It's nice, however, to be healthy and strong enough to now have returned to work full time again!!  I've not been this strong in YEARS! and all of this in spite of the reacting!!   So, all in all, it's GOOD!   Cheesy

Thanks for CARING!!   Kiss

Lisa

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print