Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Shock again last night (Read 5059 times)
Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Re: Shock again last night
Reply #15 - 07/30/11 at 17:41:13

Here is some info I saved from what I read;
normal is anything under 100.

Abnormal IgE levels can be a sign of parasite infection, an allergic reaction or some other environmental sensitivity

IgE is one of five types of antibodies, also known as immunoglobulins, in the body. Immunoglogulins are produced by the immune system in response to bacteria, viruses, fungus and other allergens that have entered the body. IgE and the other antibodies attack the foreign substance in an attempt to prevent sickness and cellular damage.

IgE antibodies are located in the lungs, skin and mucous membranes of the body. These antibodies cause reactions when a sensitive individual comes in contact with environmental allergens such as pollen, fungus spores and pet dander. Individuals who are allergic or intolerant to dairy or certain medications also will release IgE after ingestion.

Individuals with hypersensitivity or several allergies and intolerances generally have a higher IgE antibody level.

IgE is one of five types of antibodies in the body. The others include IgA antibodies, which are found in the nose, throat, ears, tears, eyes, digestive tract, saliva, blood and vagina and are a defense against outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are the most common antibodies. They are found in all bodily fluids and are the body's defense against viral infection and bacteria.

Concentration of IgE is very low in the body. A normal IgE level is 4.2-595 U/mL or 0.05 percent of the IgG concentration. High IgE levels can be a sign of infection, allergic reaction, autoimmune disease or the presence of cancer.
----------------

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #16 - 07/30/11 at 17:42:40

IgE antibodies are found in the lungs, skin, and mucous membranes. They cause the body to react against foreign substances such as pollen, fungus spores, and animal dander. They may occur in allergic reactions to milk, some medicines, and some poisons. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies.
-------------
IgE. A high level of IgE can mean a parasite infection is present. Also, high levels of IgE are found in people who have allergic reactions, asthma, atopic dermatitis, some types of cancer, and certain autoimmune diseases. In rare cases, a high level of IgE may mean IgE multiple myeloma.
---------------------
IgE is the antibody most widely known for its involvement in allergies of all kinds. It may also be involved in protection of the body from parasites. Elevated IgE in blood is associated with a history of excessive allergies.
----------------------
Elevated values for IgE are found in allergic disorders including asthma, hayfever, parasitic infestations, deficiencies of the thymus gland, Wiskitt Aldrich syndrome, IgE myeloma, pemphigoid, periarteritis nodosa, and hypereosinophilic syndrome
------------------------

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #17 - 07/30/11 at 18:15:27

IgE typically binds to mast cells and basophils but also to low-affinity receptors on inflammatory cells and platelets.

Evidence supporting the role of type I hypersensitivity in the pathogenesis of GN comes from reports of high levels of serum IgE (sIgE), its deposition in the kidney, IgE auto-antibodies (IgE, ANA in lupus nephritis), basophil sensitization and renal mast cells in IgA nephritis.

Mast cells express heparinase capable of degrading heparin sulphate in a sub-endothelial extracellular matrix. This provides a possible mechanism for the association between high IgE and selective proteinuria reported here.

Thats it folks... you learn alot of things surfing online!!
Thanks  to all of you for your kind words and well wishes
Ramona

IP Logged

Patricia
Guiding Light

Washington, dc
Reply #18 - 07/31/11 at 02:26:47

About the urine thing, I literally almost fell of my chair when I heard that one! I'm sure the yogis that do this probably aren't taking the amount of drugs my husband is and in theory it sounds intresting. I did look it up online and it's supposed to be a natural  anti-bacterial, anti- fungal, anti everything.
It makes me smile because what if curing certain diseases was as simple as "your own pee"...can you imagine what Big Pharma would do???

I don't think I'm at this point yet and will continue to support Big Pharma and continue buy their expensive drugs! Did you guys hear singulair is going on the generic list...hopefully they won't change the formulation or fillers.

Ramona I hope you recover quickly, stay cool and huge hugs!!!

Patricia

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #19 - 07/31/11 at 06:27:49

I am so dyslexic when typing LOL  Patricia the part to you read
Patricia, one of my fan people
It was supposed to read Patricia, one of my fav people LOL
sorry I sure looked a bit egotistcal,  didnt I?? Made myself chuckle hehe.
love u
me

IP Logged

Patricia
Guiding Light

Washington, dc
Reply #20 - 07/31/11 at 06:32:24

Never! I am one of your biggest fans!!!! Smiley

Patricia

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #21 - 07/31/11 at 11:28:49

ME TOO!!!!!! Smiley

Don´t forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Kate:
Tutor

Reply #22 - 08/01/11 at 03:32:55

Ramona,

I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you!  I can't even imagine going through that!

Take care,
Kate

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #23 - 08/02/11 at 15:03:50

Thanks to all 3 of ya, love u!
me

IP Logged