Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cosmetic (Read 3212 times)
starfish
Tutor

Ohio
Cosmetic
06/02/11 at 03:01:15

Hey guys....or should say gals... What cosmetics do you use. I'm having trouble with eye shadows.....hoping I don't have to give that up!  Shocked

IP Logged

gnbailey
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
Plano, TX
Re: Cosmetic
Reply #1 - 06/02/11 at 03:43:36

I have to jump in here - I am addicted to make up and could not imagine giving it up!  So, Starfish, let me tell you what has worked for me! I went through a trial and error period where I would eliminate those things that seemed to cause a reaction and then found a foundation that did not contain triggers for me.  Here is what ended up working for me:
Clinique Even Better foundation
MAC eyeshadows
NARS eyeshadows
Chanel Double Perfection Powder Makeup (can use as foundation or powder)
Dior Blackout Mascara
MAC Fluidline eyeliner

I have not been able to find a moisturizer that I don't react to.....but I have not given up!   Smiley

Good luck!
Gaynell

IP Logged

Sandi
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 06/02/11 at 06:26:23

It was so crazy when I started reacting to makeups! Mica is in everything and I can't use it!! Also stupid suncscreens! Then some sort of chemicals I can't figure out, gosh I've blown a lot of money trying to find products! Here's my list

-philosophy purity face wash  ( incredible and lasts forever)

-Orgins make a difference ultra rich rejuvenating cream ( theres one lighter version of make a difference, I breakout easily but have dry skin so I use ultra)

-Clinique soft finish makeup ( foundation) no spf
-Clinique blended face powder no spf
-Clinique natural mascara
I've run out of make up options eyeshadows etc in stores, they all have mica or something.l I've been using cory cosmetics for eyeshadow and blush and it's been great she has a mica free line. Just make sure you are looking at mica free. I didn't care for the foundations but that was a long time ago when I tried em. The eyeshadow/blush has been great and lasts forever, you can also order samples!http://www.corycosmetics.com/
It's so frustrating because the "natural" products have tons of nuts/seed products and other stuff that bother me, then the sparkly world of mica that came back! Grrrr
Hair has been a horrible struggle too I react a lot to the natural ones, right now I'm using Aveda's Damage Ready shampoo and conditioner. I hate hate the price but I've truly reacted to it all at this point and can handle this, it does last a long time. I use phomollient (mousse by aveda) just recently tried avedas volumizing tonic and reacted horribly. I tried it again just to make sure it was that.......
I've reacted to quite a few of their products but finally found this!
These are my current products! I so dread discontinued products and it always happens!!!
I so wish I could use Bare Minerals, my wost reaction was to that! My eyes blew up and had a massive allergic reaction. Allergic conjunctivitis then became my buddy for life, it's a constant, even a hair product will blow my eyes up!

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Reply #3 - 06/02/11 at 06:33:49

I use Clinique, Lancome, Prescriptives, and Bare Minerals. But I seem to do fine with make up though.
Melissa

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Reply #4 - 06/02/11 at 06:37:13

Sandi, I don't know where you live but Nordstroms would be a good place to go. They have a great return policy and I bet if you explained your sensitivies they would really try hard to get you into the right product and if it doesn't work they will take it back.
Melissa

IP Logged

jbean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 06/02/11 at 14:36:30

Found out that I am allergic to nickel, which is also part of those wonderful ULTRAMARINES that are in almost every kind of mascara and eye shadow, with the exception of just a few.

You might want to get tested for this allergen, very common.

IP Logged

starfish
Tutor

Ohio
Reply #6 - 06/04/11 at 04:33:29

Thanks guys.....any eye cream suggestions? Eyes are becoming a problem now  Huh  : ; Cry

IP Logged

jbean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - 06/12/11 at 03:00:52

There is  a body balm I just love called "Miel", which is good for those with sensitive skin.  It is made here locally by a lady who has a great deal of problems with chemical sensitivity.  She has created her own products, no harsh preservatives or chemicals, all organic ingredients, and very pure and natural.  She uses old world techniques.  It makes a differece when it is made by somebody who is dealing with these issues too!  She puts a lot of love and care into every bottle she makes.   They now carry her products in some of our local stores.  I got some for my mom and she loves it as well.

Here's the link, you can order it off the web.  The balm I use is "Miel" but she makes others types and some soaps as well.  I also like her oatmeal soap.

[url]http://www.mladys.com/[/url]

I put the balm on my face when it gets red and itchy, and under my eyes and night too.  You can also use it for a lip balm.  Feels like it will be heavy, but it soaks into  your skin.  When I wake up the next day, my skin is less read and itchy and feels great! Doesn't make me break out either.  This is the only thing I can use on my face to moisturize.  It is very conentrated,  so a little dab is all you need.  A jar will last you several months.   Smiley

[color=#ff0000][/color]

IP Logged

starfish
Tutor

Ohio
Reply #8 - 07/17/11 at 15:27:10

Thank you jbean!

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #9 - 07/17/11 at 17:03:37

Heather, I use MAC eyeshadow, face powder (to even out my flushing) and lip pencil and lipstick. No problems!

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

starfish
Tutor

Ohio
Reply #10 - 08/02/11 at 12:00:48

Thanks jbean I ordered the Miel balm and it is good stuff. Thank you! Smiley

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Reply #11 - 08/03/11 at 04:53:19

I just wanted to share a new face cream I started using and I really like it. The brand is Dermae and the cream I use is DMAE-Alpha Lipoic, C-Ester Creme. All the products they caring are free of parabens, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfates, petrolatum, mineral oil, artificial colors and they are vegan and cruelty free.
Here has been a lot of buzz about these products working better than 300 dollar face creams. I thought I try it out. Very pleases so far and the prices are great!
Sandi- they have a eye cream.

http://www.dermae.net/cgi-bin/fccgi.exe?w3exec=dfc.portal

Melissa

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print