Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Could massage be a trigger? (Read 2657 times)
Linz
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Could massage be a trigger?
07/21/11 at 07:59:43

Im still researching mcad as a possible cause for my symptoms(as well as looking into chiari malformation). On sunday eve i had a full body massage from a friend. About ten minutes after i got a red rash and a lump that was like an insect bite on my left upper arm. I get this in the exact same place about every few months. It seems to happen randomly but i usually feel a certain way with. I have felt very ill for the 4 days since. A bit like flu, achey muscle, bone pain everywhere and extremee fatigue and heaviness in my body. Then i got bad pain in my neck and back of head and down my spine. Pressure and pain in my ears, some pain in lymph nodes, intense pressure and pain in my head, pain in my eyes and foggy visiosn. Hard to stay awake and just feeling awful! Does this sound like mcad and could massage be a trigger? Ive felt ill before after massage.

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Re: Could massage be a trigger?
Reply #1 - 07/21/11 at 16:21:21

Hi Linz and welcome!
Honestly, your symptoms could be one of more than a thousand different things it is just too vague to be considered as mast cell disorder--but we do care about what happens to you and will be more than happy to help you try to find some answers for your health..

As far as massage being a trigger for mast cell activity--a definite YES to that.. any pressure on the skin and inner organs often triggers reactions with us.. Especially with people who show a "vasal vagal" type reaction.

What type of tests have you had done?? What were the results?? tell us something about your health history.

Glad to meet u Linz Smiley
Ramona

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

NZNancy
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 07/21/11 at 17:01:28

Linz, massage is not good for me. The one time I let someone do a massage, I had painful cramping of all the muscles that had been massaged, but it didn't start until the next day.

Did you try taking some antihistamine to see if it helps you feel better? That could provide a tiny clue along the way to finding out why you are feeling so bad.

Nancy

IP Logged

Linz
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 07/22/11 at 01:01:06

Hi Ramona and Nancy, Thank you for your kind replies. I wrote more about my story a while back in the introuduce section. Its a bit long to write again but basically, ive been ill for 13 years, diagnosed as chronic fatigue syndrome ad i was recently diagnosed with pots also. I havent approached my doctor yet about mcad as im still not sure about it. My gp is pretty rubbish and im pretty much housebound so a trip to the doctors is a huge task for me.
I took some anti histamines yesterday. Im not sure the type and it was only a small dose, my husband takes them for hayfever. My neck has felt better since but the other symptoms are still as bad. Sad

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #4 - 07/22/11 at 02:30:37

Well that makes more sense Linz.. the chronic fatigue syndrome and POTS are common with us...Im sorry youre having such trouble to be almost housebound.. I was at that point a few months ago--adding Allegra worked miracles for me!! Try it and see if it helps.
You certainly need to try some antihistamines and see how it affects you. IF youre dealing with a mast cell problem, you will feel much better after taking them.  We take H1 and H2 blockers like, Zyrtec, Claritan, Vistaril, Benadryl, Chlortrimeton, etc...  especially the Benadryl.  Most of us take Zantac 300 mg twice a day too.  Let us know if any of these help you Smiley
hugs
Ramona

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print